This is Not the End

Mai's POV

"Get up," the man said.

You know, I'm usually much more defiant, but when a gun is at your back, you try being defiant.

I get up out of my hiding spot and raise my hands up in a surrender pose.

Riki sees me emerge and widens his eyes in fear. I feel so unless. This ALWAYS happens. I screw things up for everyone.

Riki resumes his calm demeanor and addresses the man in front of him.

"What do you want?" He asks him in a scarily low voice.

The man cocks his head a little and points to me. "The girl," he says, "well, her fingerprints. You see, you might need the painting, but so do we. So, hand over the girl and no one gets hurt."

Riki immediately shakes his head. "No. Give her to me. I won't let you take her."

'I won't let them take me either.' I catch Riki's eye and wink, hoping he gets it. He looks confused at first but soon winks back. I have to hold back a smile.

The man behind me must've seen us because he stiffens. "Hey..." He says quietly.

"Wai-!" I kick him quickly and he falls down, hitting his head on the edge of a display case and therefore knocking out.

At the same time, Riki punches the guy, twists around and grabs his gun, aiming it at him. With the tables now turned, Riki's man now slowly stands up and puts his arm up.

"Now now, don't go making rash desic-" but he didn't get to finish. Riki kicked him and he fell unconscious.

As soon as he fell, Riki dropped the gun and ran over to me. He grabbed me but held me at arms length to look at me.

"Are you okay?" He asks me concerned. My heart warms that he thought of my safety first.

I manage a weak smile and nod. "Yeah, I'm okay."

He smile back, relieved.

"Okay, let's go get that painting."
••••••••••••••

It felt like we were always pushed away by something. Whether it was the guys or something else.

But in the end, we came back together.

Years will pass, but nothing will change.

Our story will come to an end, but not the journey.

The journey is only the beginning.
••••••••••••••••••

Four Years Later.....

Mai's POV

I stare down at my baby daughter, Lara, and reminisce on all of the things that has happened in my life.

Riki and I got married two and a half years ago, and we have a three-month old baby girl.

We are still apart of the Black Foxes, but our child will never know that. We have to keep it from her, but maybe we'll tell her later on.

I hear a door creak slightly and I turn around to see Riki standing in the doorway, smiling.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

He smirks. Some things just never change. "Can I just look at my beautiful wife and daughter?"

I smile.

"Yes, you can."

This is just the beginning of our story.

This is not the end.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey guys!!!

OH MY GOSH IM DONE!!!!

It doesn't feel like it but now sad!!!

Oh well, all good things must come to an end.

Sorry if this wasn't a good last chapter, I'm kinda bad at endings.

I hope you enjoyed this story!!

One last time...

Thanks to all my readers!!

-Alli😝