Gift

Mai's POV

"God wake up! You sleep like a log!"

I wake up to someone shaking me. I open my eyes groggily to see Rikki literally two inches away from my face. I get a fluttery feeling in myself that I dismiss almost immediately. I blush despite myself and he smirks.

"Like what you see?"

I widen my eyes embarrassed. "N-no! Now get out so I can get dressed."

He laughs and walk out of the room, closing the door behind him.

I sigh. I get out of the warm bed and walk over to my drawer. I went to my house a few days ago to get some clothes, so I don't have to borrow Rikki's anymore.

I grab black leggings and some Uggs, with a long-sleeved blue shirt.

When I get them on I go to the bathroom to apply my makeup, deodorant, I do my hair, and brush my teeth. When I finish, I walk downstairs to see Rikki leaning against the wall. His eyes widen when he sees me, but he quickly fixes his composure.

"We're going shopping today. You need some new clothes right?" He asks me and I nod my head.

"Yes, thank you."

He smiles." Okay then, let's go."

We walk out of the door.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

In the main shopping district of the city, everyone is out bustling to get their errands done, in the meanwhile pushing everyone around.

I trip over someone's show and I start to fall. I close my eyes and brace myself for the impact, but it never comes. Instead, I feel a pair of strong, warm arms catch me. I look up to see Rikki holding me in his arms.

"Are you alright?" He asks me with concern.

I nod my head and he helps me up.

"Okay, I have to go get some things. How about we meet here in two hours? Oh, here." He hands me a huge hunk of money, and my eyes widen.

"I-I can't take this." I protest.

"Yes you can. That's not even a smidgen of what I make. Get anything you want. A phone, makeup, clothes, lotion, I don't care, it's yours. That to me is five dollars to another. And remember, two hours." And with that, he walks off without letting me give him back the money.

I look down at it and I get a sly grin on my face. He said I could get anything. I've never had this much money to go shopping with, and I intent to enjoy myself.

I walk off and look for some good shops. About a block away I see a huge skyscraper. I read the large sign on it and it says,' Via Bellagio'. I gasp , as that's one of the most famous malls in the world. I go inside and I'm immediately awed by the huge chandeliers, glass statues, marble walls, and stone columns. There are so many high end stores and boutiques I have no idea where to start.

'Hmm, well, I do need a new purse AND some new clothes to change into. Everyone here looks like they're getting ready to go meet someone famous. I walk into the nearest boutique and browse around.

I soon find a gorgeous purse. It's white with gold accents on it. It has a really high end label on it and when I see the price tag, my eyes nearly pop out of my head. It's $799.99!

I look at the wad of money and see a thousand dollar bill in the front. I flip through the money and see all of them are thousand dollars, at least 50 of them.

'Oh my gosh. I can't believe Rikki would give this to me...'

I look around the store some more and find a cute dress with floral print on it, a wallet to match my purse, and some fancy high-heels. After I pay for my things I go to the nearest dressing room and change into all of it, so the people here finally don't look down on me.

When I walk out I sigh in relief. These shoes were worth it, they are so comfortable even thought their heels.

I go to another store and I see a cool looking watch.

'Hmm, I wonder if Rikki would like it? I should get it for him. He did give me all this money.'

I grab the watch and walk over to the cashier. He gives me a friendly smile and points at the watch.

"Is that for someone special?"

I blush." No, but he's really kind, and I think he deserves this."

The salesman smiles at me. "I think I know love if I see it."

I pay for it quickly and walk out, pondering what he said.

Do I really love Rikki? I mean, we've only known each other for a few weeks, but in that short time, we've done so many things most people don't do in their whole lives.

I think I love Rikki.

I go to a few other stores, buying a lot of clothes, makeup, shoes, and beauty things, when I decide to go to one more store.

I walk into the phone store and get a new iPhone, case, and iPad. After that I walk out of the fancy mall and to the spot Rikki told me to meet him.

I sigh and look at the money, which I put in my new wallet. I still have more than $40,000 dollars. Then I spot the watch.

'I hope Rikki likes it.'

I hear someone clear their throat behind me and I turn to see Rikki. I smile and get a fluttery feeling in my stomach as he widens his eyes.

"You- you look gorgeous. I-I mean..." He trails off, but I blush and smile at him.

"Thank you, for the money. I got something for you." I pull out the watch and I hand it to him.

He smiles. "Thank you, I've been needing a new watch." He puts it on his wrist and then he looks at me.

"I have something for you to." He pulls out a beautiful gold bracelet with little pearls intwined in it. I gasp.

"You didn't need to do that, you've given me so much already. I gave to give you something in return." He smiles and clasps the bracelet on my wrist, his fingers leaving a tingly feeling on my skin.

I look up at him and wrap my arms around his neck, kissing his cheek lightly.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Rikki's POV

She wraps her arms across my neck and I wrap mine around her waist. She
leans closer and kisses my cheek. When she does, I get a warm feeling in my stomach, every time she touches me.

Then, I get a realization.

I get a warm feeling in myself because I love her.

And I have ever since I laid eyes on her.