Difficult situations

Sarah's pov :

After yesterday's night , I decided that I have to go away from him. So after doing my morning chores I went to Mr. Carrington's cabin.

"I want to take the London deal". I said with confidence.

"I knew it and I've already made the arrangements , you'll leave by today night". His eyes spoke a lot . I didn't want to ask or tell him anything. So I left his office and went in my cabin.

Seeing him again was a great mistake. I had to avoid him. If he confronts me one more time. I will break down in front of him. And I don't want that to happen. So I left the office and went on the construction site for the rest of the day.

At night Josh gave me the tickets and important files for the meeting. I went in my apartment and then I packed my stuff. Once I was done packing , I still had 3 hrs for the flight. So I was cooking dinner for me.

As I was cooking , I got a call from Adam.
"Alanna , I wanted to talk to you".

"Sure come to my apartment , I still have 3 hrs to leave". Saying this I kept the phone and then I continued cooking.

After 15 mins the door bell rang , I thought it was Adam so I went to open the door. I opened the door and there he was :
Adam .
"Come inside".

He sat down. I offered him some water but he denied it.
"Alanna! I'm really confused". He said with a weird expression on his face. I've seen him since yesterday, he is behaving weirdly. Is the guilt eating him up? But he has done it several times!

"What's wrong Adam? Is it about Emma?" I asked keeping my hand on his shoulder.

"It is. I don't know why but I am feeling quite ashamed for my actions! I shouldn't have done that". He said holding his head low.

"What happened? Tell me briefly". I asked with concern.

"After you went to the ladies room, yesterday. She came and was quite furious. She asked me about you and I told her that you were my girlfriend. I told her that I wanted to make you jealous so I went out with her. I expected her to be angry at me but instead she said something that moved me completely!"
He said and got lost in his world. I shook him to get him out of his world .

"What did she say?!" I asked with curiosity.

"Firstly she got all red and then she started to cry. No other girl has ever cried for me. All other girls used to cuss me or worst try to slap me. Even they were with me because of my status. But she was different. I went out with her only for a week but in that one week she proved that she is not like others . The moment I finished talking Her eyes were all watery but she controlled them. Then she came near me and then hugged me ,tightly, like it was our last hug, like her life depended on it. Then she kept her hand on my chest and saw into my eyes. When her eyes met mine , waterfalls started from her eyes. She stared right through my soul. She kissed me on my cheek and wished that we stay together. She said she was happy that she was the reason we came back together. Then she left saying that you should not see her with me or else it will harm our relation. She went a few steps away from me , she turned and came running towards me and kissed me deeply. She poured all her care and passion in it. I was just shocked, before I could reciprocate she backed off . While going she said, " You will always have a special place in my heart, I'll always remember you as you are my first love!" She smiled and then went running".

"I don't know what to do Alanna? Ive broken many hearts , but I didn't feel any guilt. I don't understand why am I feeling so bad? When I close my eyes I can see her tearful eyes staring at me".
He said .

"You should talk to her. Apologise to her. Tell her that you were not serious about her , and we were pretending". I told him honestly. It was obvious that the girl loved him. He should respect her feelings and tell her about his feelings even if it will hurt her. Who else can understand the pain that love gives better than I do.

"I can't. I don't want her to think low about me. I don't know why? But I care about what she thinks about me. It will bother me a lot if she will hate me". He had feelings for her as well. It was quite clear. He needed to hear it from someone else.

"I guess you should tell her about what you feel about her". I told looking at him.

"W-what? F-feeling? I-I don't feel for her! What are you talking about?" He shooted his questions. What is it with boys and commitment? Why do they avoid it like plague?

"So you don't  have any feelings for her, but you see her face when you close your eyes, you care about what she thinks about you! You are feeling sad after putting the whole play in front of her, which you've done a lot of times. It is so unlike you Adam, isn't it?" I question him.

"Do you mean to say that I might be in love?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"NO! Love is a quite heavy word. Don't rush up things. What I'm saying is that you have some unknown feelings for this girl. Try to know her, be friends , date her, then after all these things , if you still have a strong feeling for her then it's love". I told him from my experience. Rushing up things leads to nothing but pain. I'm still paying for an immature decision which we took 13 yrs back. I don't want Adam and Emma to end up like us.

"Okay! It's a good idea, thanks a lot Alanna! Now I feel relieved". He said hugging me.

"But you should tell about our act, I know you don't want to tell her but start this relationship with truth and trust. One lie will lead to other and it will only destroy your relation. If she really loves you she will understand and she will give you another chance!" I said. It was true . As much as a relationship needs love and passion, it also needs trust and respect for each other.

"Fine ! I guess I should leave now , I need to talk to her right now! Thanks a lot Alanna! You are the best". He said and got up. He wished me luck for the deal and then moved towards the entrance door.

He opened the door and stood still. He didn't move. I went to check what's wrong.
"What happened Adam? Why are you...", before I could finish my sentence, my gaze fell on the person standing near the door.

It was Shantanu. His jaw was clenched and he was giving death glare to Adam. His hands were curled up into tights fists. Adam has no different reaction. He too was throwing daggers with his eyes.

Just when I thought I could have a calm flight , life puts me in difficult situations!

.....................................................................
My book crossed 6k!
Yay!!!
It's possible because of you guys!
Thanks a lot people!!!

I really want to know where are you guys from! So please please tell me in the comment section.

Silent readers please vote and comment. I love reading your comments. I literally jump with happiness when I get a notification saying that I got a new comment.

Please share your views!
Love you♥️