Part seventeen.

Calanoqui smacks him, then shoves him to the ground, making me fall with him. I whimper and look up at Calanoqui.
"Please..he's sorry..we're sorry..please.." I stand slowly and try to pull Cavilkil to the bed, but he won't move.
Calanoqui grabs a knife from a desk, then cuts the restraint tying me and Cavilkil together, then cuts his throat, then proceeds to stab him to death.
I scramble into bed and hide under the covers, he won't stop screaming. I hate screaming. Everything goes silent after a while, then I hear Calanoqui drop the knife and drag Cavikil away. I whimper and look at the floor beside the bed. The knife...I stand and grab it, then put a robe on, looking at the broken window. I walk towards it and squeeze out of it, then fall onto a pile of hay. I let out a sigh of relief, then run into the woods. "If they find me, fine. But I'll end it before they touch me." I run for awhile, then see a tall, lanky black figure standing in a clearing, in front of a clear lake. They are humming. I'm nervous, but I slowly approach. They aren't Albaynion or Calanoqui, thankfully. They're wearing tight, dark brown leather clothes, a matching hood, mask, and a diamond necklace. They're carrying several bags of gold.
"Hello little one. What brings you here, hmm?"
How did they see me? I haven't made any noise!
I grip the knife tightly and back away a bit, pointing it at the figure.
They turn to face me, and I can make out cat like eyes. A khajiit?
"Well, looking for a fi-" they stop themselves, then look me up and down. "You're just a sick child. Oh dear, oh no."
"I-I'm not a child."
"Why, of course you are." They nod, then toss me a bag of gold. I grab it, and furrow my eyebrows.
"Why are you giving this to me? Who are you? What are you? Why are you wearing that? Are you a thief?"
"I should be asking you some of those questions, little one. After all, everyone knows this part of the woods belongs to the thief's guild."
I look around, then crouch a little lower to the ground. "A-Are you going to hurt me?"
"No, of course not. That's not our business. We steal, not kill. Unless it's needed...here. Come with me, I don't see the harm in bringing a child into our guild. Especially a sick one."
I sigh, then give them the bag of gold they tossed at me. "I can't. I have to be running right now..."
"We can protect sick children." they gently take my hand, and begin to walk.
"Um...sir..I'm running from daedric princes.."
"Sure you are."
I sigh and look down, following close. "Don't say I didn't warn you..."
"I won't. Because you have." he starts tossing the bag of gold coins up, catching it, then repeating the process. "It's not that far, maybe ten minutes of walking..."
"Alright sir."
"Just call me Daro." he pulls his mask down, revealing his fluffy fur, and long whiskers. I want to pet him, he looks so cute.
"Alright, Daro..."