~1.7~

Eleanor looked out the window and saw Paul and Jared walking around the property, both in their wolf form

Eleanor looked out the window and saw Paul and Jared walking around the property, both in their wolf form. Emmett was inside with Eleanor keeping her company as Bella was out hunting with Edward. It had been two days since they told Eleanor about Demetri, and she has yet to leave the Swan household since. Both her mom and Charlie did not know anything was up due to Eleanor using the same excuse. That she had a lot of work to catch up on. 

"So are you ever going to leave?" Emmett asked as the two of them were laying on Eleanors' bed. Emmett was bored out of his mind but he did not want to leave Eleanor knowing how scared she was. 

"I don't know." Eleanor mumbled. She knew that eventually she would have to leave but she hoped it was later than sooner. 

"El, you can't stay locked up. You can't let fear get in the way of living." Eleanor sighed knowing that Emmett was right. She was just too afraid to leave her room. 

"I know Emmett. But I'm terrified. This guy that I thought was nice turned out to be a how many  centuries old murderous vampire." Eleanor said as tears started to fall. "I don't want to go out if it risks my life. I-I don't want to die Emmett." Emmett pulled her into a hug. 

"You won't El. I won't let that happen." Emmett said as he rocked her back and forth, trying to calm her down. Tears keep flowing down Elenaors cheeks. Paul and Jared could hear everything from outside and their hearts broke. Eleanor was a sweet girl. She did not deserve any of this drama. She should be back home going to college. Trying to achieve her dreams. Instead she was stuck in Forks with a powerful vampire after her. 

~~~

Demetri ran the streets of Seattle, looking for a meal. He was upset. No he was mad. Eleanor had not responded to any of his calls or texts in the last couple days. He grew worried about his mate, so he went to her house and checked up on her. Once he saw the wolves patrolling around Charlie's house, he knew that they had told her. That they had figured it out. He was so angry. He now did not have any idea on how he could gain her trust. Eventually he will have to go back to Volterra and he knew he could not leave her. Trying to get rid of his thoughts, Demetri focused on hunting. He finally found a drunk man in the ally. He decided that he would be good enough. 

"Demetri." A voice he knew too well said behind him. Demetri sighed dropping the man, who was dead, and turned around. He saw that Jane was not alone. Felix and Alec were with her. 

"Jane." He said as he nodded his head. 

"Aro needs you back." She said with no emotion. Demetri stared at her. He was not ready to leave yet. Eleanor did not know about him and how she was his mate. 

"I can't." He said. Jane looked at him confused. Demetri was never one to turn down an order from Aro. 

"And why not?" She asked him. 

"I can't leave her yet, Jane. It hurts to be away from her. I have to stay." 

"Well you can always bring her with. I would love to meet the girl who stole my best friends heart and we promise. We will not eat her." Felix said laughing. Alec playfully rolled his eyes at him.