~2.8~

"Eleanor will you marry me?" 

Eleanor looked at Demetri in shock. She couldn't speak. Tears started to fall down her cheeks.He looked at her with hope in his eyes. 

"Y-yes! Yes! Yes!" Eleanor said as she flung herself into Demetri's arm. Demetri laughed as he caught her. Once they let go, Demetri pulled her into a kiss. He could feel tears on his cheeks. He knew that they were from Eleanor. Eleanor finally had to pull away due to her needing to breath. Demetri took her left hand, and slid the engagement ring onto her ring figure. Eleanor could not help but admire the beautiful ring. "It's beautiful." 

"It was my mothers. Well part of it was. I had it updated a little bit to make sure it was perfect for you." Demetri said. Eleanor smiled up at Demetri, she had no clue that he kept a part of his human past with him. 

"How did you keep it so." Eleanor stopped to think of the right word. "Intact and beautiful?" 

"Well when I was turned, I was told that some vampires were lucky enough to find their soulmate. My mother left this for me when she passed. I knew that I wanted to give it to my soulmate. So over the years I would get it fixed and cleaned. Kept up with it. I will be honest, I did start to have dought that I would never find you, my mate. So I stopped taking care of it. But when I saw you in Forks for the first time, I knew I had to fix it. So the same day I came back from meeting you, I went and got it fixed. Even added to the ring." Demetri explained. Eleanors heart fluttered. "I love it when I hear your heart speed up." Demetri mumbled. Eleanor couldn't help but smile and look down. 

"I-I have a question. It's not really a big deal but I was wondering if you know asked my mother if you could ask me to marry you?" Demetri smiled. 

"Of course I did El. You know I am what you call 'old school'" Demetri said smirking. "It was one of my missions as Heidi told you I went on. I was so nervous when I got to your mothers house. I thought she was going to say no. I even asked your brother too. They both said yes. Apparently, I am good for you is what your mother said." 

"You are." Eleanor said smiling as she pulled herself into Demetri's arms. They stayed in each others arms, watching the sun set. Eleanor never though that this day would come. She never thought that she would be engaged, and she never thought that it would be with a vampire. 

~~~

The next morning Eleanor was still in Demetri's arms as they both laid in bed. After watching the sun set last night, Demetri brought Eleanor back to the castle so she could get some sleep. He ran her to their bedroom, not wanting to be stopped by anyone who wanted to ask questions. Demetri watched as Eleanor began to wake up. 

"What time is it?" She asked as she rubbed her eyes. 

"About eleven my love." Demetri said. 

"Eleven! Why didn't you wake me up! It is getting so late." Eleanor said as she scrambled to get out of bed. Demetri quickly grabbed her arm and pulled her back to bed.