Chapter 2

The seven year old girl runs around the set, dodging crew members as she tries to evade her father. Giggling, she looks behind her to see if he was catching up to her. Seeing that he wasn't there, she turns back around, only to run into something. Or rather, someone. 

She falls on the ground with a thump, her long blonde hair falling into her eyes, blocking her eyesight. She pushes her hair out of her face and sees a pair of feet in front of her. Her eyes travel up the body of the person in front of her. She smiles as she sees Jensen's costar, Jared. He grins down at her and she puts a finger to her lips, signaling for him not to tell Jensen where she was, smiling when the man nods. Suddenly, she hears a voice not too far behind her. 

"Sloan!" He yells. "Sloan, come on, play time's over. It's time to go home." She quickly scrambles to her feet, hiding behind Jared's legs just as Jensen reaches them. The tall man laughs, shrugging his shoulders at his friend. 

"I don't know where she is. I haven't seen her since lunch." He tells Jensen, playing along with the seven year old's game. The other man glares at Jared, obviously tired. 

"Don't encourage her, Jared." He says, walking around the younger male. Sloan tries to run away but Jensen grabs her, making her squeal. He places her on his shoulders, holding her ankles as she wraps her small arms around his forehead. "All right, bright eyes, time to go." 

"But, daddy! Can't we stay a little while longer?" The child whines, resting the side of her head on the top of Jensen's. He chuckles and shakes his head. 

"No, baby. We need to get home. We'll be back tomorrow morning." He tells her. 

"Okay." She says quietly. "Is Uncle Jared coming home, too?" 

"Yes, Sloan, Uncle Jared's coming home with us." Jensen answers with a smile. "Come on, let's go get your stuff." He lifts her over his head and sets her on the ground, taking her small hand in his large one. "Jared, come get me when you're ready to go." 

"Okay. I'll be there in a minute." Jared tells him, walking off to go do something else. 

Jensen and Sloan go to Jensen's trailer where she packs all of her things into her small book bag. She gathers her coloring books and crayons along with her favorite blanket and stuffed rabbit, stuffing them into the small bag. 

"Juice?" She asks Jensen, looking at him with wide, bright green eyes. He sighs and walks to the kitchen area, ruffling her hair as he passes the small girl. 

"Okay. Apple or grape?" He asks, looking in the mini fridge. 

"Apple!" The girl says excitedly. Jensen chuckles and pours the child a little bit of apple juice into a small cup. 

"Here you go, kid." He says, handing it to her. "Be careful and don't spill it." 

"Daddy?" She asks after finishing her drink. "Why don't I have a mommy?" The man tenses and turns around, meeting her innocent, curious gaze. He sighs and crouches in front of her seat on the couch. 

"Do you remember when I told you that your mommy loved you so much, that she gave everything she had to meet you?" He asks her, referring to a conversation he had with her a few years ago. She nods. "Well, she wasn't able to see you. She had to go away, but I know she didn't want to leave her baby girl." 

"Where did she go?" 

"She went to Heaven to be with the angels." He tells her gently. 

"So, my mommy's an angel?" She asks innocently. Jensen nods and gives her a smile. 

"Yeah, baby. Your mommy's an angel." He says. "And she watches out for you everyday."

"So, is my real daddy an angel, too?" She asks. 

"No, honey, your real daddy isn't an angel. He wasn't able to stay with your mommy. He had to go away. But your mommy wanted you to have someone that would love you no matter what so she let me keep you." 

"Is that why you're my new daddy?" She asks, making the man smile at her innocence. 

"Yeah, baby. That's why I'm your new daddy." The little girl smiles and looks to the door when it opens, Jared walking in. 

"Ready to go?" He asks the two. Jensen nods and stands. 

Sloan hops off the couch and runs to Jared, who catches her and swings her up to his hip. Jensen grabs the book bag and the trio leave the trailer, walking over to the black SUV. Jared puts Sloan in her booster seat before sliding into the seat to her left while Jensen occupies the seat on her other side. 

They go to the house the three share while in Vancouver filming. It's already dark out, so when they get to the house, Jensen puts Sloan in the bathtub and the two adults discuss what to get for dinner, eventually deciding on pizza. Jensen goes back into the bathroom and gets Sloan out of the bath, drying her off and helping her into her pajamas. He takes her downstairs and they join Jared on the couch. 

"Daddy, can you braid my hair?" She asks, looking at Jensen, her damp and stringy hair falling down her back and wetting the back of her shirt. 

"Sure. Sit on the floor for me." He instructs. Smiling, she slides off the man's lap and sits on the floor between his legs, her back against the couch. Jensen leans down and starts combing through the tangles with his fingers. "Do you want two braids or one?" 

"Two." The child answers after a moment of careful contemplation. She slips two hair ties off her wrist and hand them to him. 

Jensen separates her hair into two sections, putting one up in a ponytail. He carefully braids the other section, making sure not to knot her hair up, knowing how hard knots are to get out of her hair. When he finishes, he ties it off and goes to the second section, doing the same thing to it. 

By the time he finishes, the pizza was at the house. The three sit around the living room, watching the Lion King and eating pizza. Sometime during the movie, Sloan fell asleep, her head resting in Jared's lap. Around midnight,  Jensen turns off the TV with a sigh, looking at the sleeping child in his friend's lap. 

"I'm gonna put her to bed then go to bed myself." Jensen says, standing up. "I'm telling ya, man, this kid wears me out." 

"How does she have so much energy?" Jared asks as he gently picks the girl up, handing her to Jensen. She stirs slightly from the exchange before finally resting her head on her guardian's shoulder. 

"She wouldn't if you would stop giving her candy and soda every time she bats her eyelashes." Jensen says, making the other man chuckle. 

"It's impossible to say no to that face!" He says in defense. 

"It's really not." His friend argues. "You're just a pushover." 

"I am not. I'm just nice." 

"Whatever." Jensen says with a laugh. "Goodnight." 

"Night." Jared replies as Jensen walks away, going to the stairs near the end of the hall. 

He  goes upstairs and to her mint-green room, gently laying her down her bed. He pulls the covers up to her chin and takes her stuffed rabbit out of her book bag, placing it beside her. He places a kiss on her forehead and stands up, about to walk out when her sleepy voice stops him. 

"Daddy?" She calls out, not sure if he's still there. 

"Yeah?" He answers. 

"I'm glad you're my new daddy." She says, going back to sleep almost as soon as the words have left her mouth. Jensen smiles and turns on her nightlight. 

"Me too." He says quietly, gently closing the door and going to the room beside hers. 

Sorry for the short chapters. I promise, they'll get longer. I'm just trying to get all the introduction stuff out of the way. The next chapter should be longer. Sloan will be about 13 in the next one. Hope y'all are enjoying the story so far!

Lean on meजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें