Chapter 24

Thirteen weeks passed and Sloan was still at the lake house. She got cleared last week by Doctor Robinson and has finally almost gotten completely rid of the limp she had. Jensen and Jared had to go back to Vancouver six weeks ago, unable to hold off filming for any longer. Jensen had come home for Sloan's appointment but had to leave the next day. While the two were gone, Gen and Grayson stayed at the lake house with Sloan and Danneel.

Grayson knew it was his job to keep an extra close eye on her, knowing that if she saw and opportunity, she would try to go to the water and swim. Jensen had finally agreed to allow her to swim if someone was on the dock or swimming with her. Which is exactly how she's spent most of her time for the past week. Danneel and Gen would make her get out when they saw that she was getting tired, which wouldn't take very long, but Sloan would be right back out a few hours later.

Filming for Supernatural wrapped yesterday so Jensen and Jared are supposed to be returning home today. So, Gen and Danneel were trying to get the house cleaned up some so it's not so cluttered when they arrive while Grayson and Sloan keep Tom and the newest member of the family, JJ, occupied.

"Mom, can I go swimming?" Sloan asks, walking into the kitchen with JJ in her arm, her head resting in the crook of her elbow. Danneel looks up from the dishes and nods, smiling at the sight of the girls getting along so well. 

"How's she been?" She asks, taking the six week old from the fifteen year old. 

"She's been good. She's been fed and burped, Grayson changed her, and she's slept. A lot." Sloan says, tilting her head to look at the baby. "I wish I could sleep that much." 

Sloan turns and slowly goes up the stairs, still having some trouble with them. She walks into her room and grabs her pink and blue striped bikini, quickly changing into the bathing suit before going downstairs where Gen was waiting. 

"Ready?" The brunette asks. Sloan nods and the two walk out the sliding glass door. 

Sloan runs through the backyard and down the long dock, ignoring Gen's yells to slow down. She reaches the end of the dock and dives into the water, smiling as the slightly cold water hits her skin. She swims back to the surface just as Gen sits down on the bench that was sitting on the dock. 

"We can't stay out long, Jared and your dad are getting here soon." She says. Sloan nods and takes a deep breath before diving back under the water, wanting to see if she can swim to the bottom this time.

Before, Sloan could swim to the bottom with no problem but now that she only has one arm and really only one leg to help, the farthest she's gotten is halfway. It couldn't be more than fifteen feet deep at the end of the dock but it feels like a hundred to Sloan as she pushes herself down. She opens her eyes to see, ignoring the burn in them from the water. She feels herself starting to get lightheaded so she starts to swim back up, breaking the surface with a gasp.

"That was a little dramatic." She hears. Sloan looks up to see Grayson standing on the dock in his bathing suit, Tom resting on his hip, having just woken up from his afternoon nap. 

"I thought you were taking a nap." She says. Grayson shrugs. 

"Couldn't sleep. Then little man woke up and wanted attention." He says, bouncing his nephew on his hip, making the baby giggle.

Grayson hands Tom to Gen before turning and walking to the beginning of the floating portion of the dock. He runs to the edge and jumps, jumping over Sloan before landing in the water, splashing both females and Tom.

"Hey!" Gen yells in protest as Tom bursts into a fit of giggles. Sloan laughs just before she feels something wrap around her ankle. 

Sloan yelps as she gets yanked under by Grayson. She swims back up to see him already at the surface laughing. Sloan grips his shoulder and jumps up slightly, shoving him under the water. She starts swimming a bit deeper, trying to get away from him but his hand wraps around her ankle again before she can get too far. Grayson pulls her back and holds her against him with one arm, treading water with the other. Sloan squeals as she tries to push away from the boy.