Chapter 4

Two Months Later

Sloan walks off the set after finishing her audition for a part next season, still not believing that she finally convinced Kripke to give her a part. She meets Grayson by the snack bar and grabs a bottle of fruit punch. 

"You were great." He compliments, getting a smile from the girl. 

"You know, it's not too late to get you a part on the show." She tells him. "We could work together if I actually get the part. We'd be like a younger version of dad and Jared. Except one of us would be a girl. And we'd be way cooler." 

"Acting's not really thing." He says from the thousandth time. Sloan rolls her eyes and the two walk outside. 

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." She says as they walk to Jared's trailer to get their backpacks. Once they have their stuff, they walk to Jensen's trailer. "Ready to go?"

"Yep." Jared says as the two stand up. They walk outside and the to SUV where Cliff was waiting. Jared gets in the front seat while Jensen gets in the back with Grayson and Sloan, the two males squishing Sloan in the middle. 

"How was the audition, kid?" Cliff asks, looking at the girl in rearview mirror. She shrugs halfheartedly. 

"Good, I guess." She says, her confidence her performance diminishing now that she's off the set, all the things she could have done better sticking out in her mind.

"She was great." Jensen tells the driver, wrapping an arm around his daughter's shoulders. She smiles and rests her head on his shoulder for the rest of the drive. 

"Am I driving you guys tonight or are you driving yourselves?" Cliff asks the men when they pull up to the house. Tonight was the annual wrap party for season six, which they finished filming today. 

"We're driving." Jensen answers. "Enjoy the night off, man." 

"Thanks." The driver says as they exit the car. "Hey, Sloan." 

"Yeah?" The girl asks, turning around after getting out of the car. 

"Happy birthday." He says with a smile, getting one in return. 

"Thanks, Cliff." She says. "See you in a few months." She closes the door and follow the guys into the house. 

"Alright, you two have four hours to get ready." Jared informs the kids. 

"Do I have to wear a dress?" Sloan asks her father, already knowing the answer. 

"Yes. It's a formal party. The guys are wearing tuxes and the girls are wearing dresses." He says for the hundredth time that week. "You know this, sweetheart." 

"Fine." She huffs. "But I'm wearing whatever dress I want." 

"As long as it covers everything, I don't care." He says. 

Sloan turns and runs up the stairs to her room, closing the door and throwing all the formal dresses she has onto the bed. She looks at the dresses, hands on her hips and head cocked to the side, internally debating which one to wear. After an hour of staying the same spot, in the same position, she gives up with a sigh. 

"Grayson!" She yells, smirking when she hears a thud followed by the sound of running feet. 

The door bursts open and Grayson stumbles in. His shirt is half buttoned, tie hanging loosely around his neck and one shoe is halfway on. Sloan raises an amused brow at his crazy appearance. 

"Having trouble remembering how to get dressed, are we?" Grayson glares at the girl, unamused. 

"I was trying to decide what shoes and tie to wear and had just gotten my shirt on. I thought something was wrong." He explains, looking around the room for the reason Sloan had yelled for him.