Chapter 15

Sloan wakes up in her bed in Austin on Christmas morning and runs down the stairs, seeing no one in the kitchen. She glances at the clock to see that it's saven-thirty. Only thirty minutes before the Padalecki clan gets there for their tradition of breakfast and opening presents.  

Sloan smirks before going back upstairs and opening the door to her parents' room, seeing Jensen still asleep. Their bathroom light was on and the shower was running, making Sloan believe her step-mom was in there. She grins before running across the room and jumping on Jensen, making him groan as she lays on top of him. 

"Wake up." She says, poking his cheek. He groans again and she huffs. "Wake up, wake up, wake up." She says, poking his cheek each time. 

"I will bite you." Jensen tells her, opening one eye to look at the girl. Sloan rolls her eyes before standing up, grabbing one of Jensen's wrists. 

"C'mon, Daddy. Get up." She says, tugging on his wrist. "We only have thirty minutes before they get here and it's Christmas." 

"You realize you're fifteen years old, right?" Jensen asks, allowing Sloan to pull him out of the bed. The girl nods, looking up at her dad inquisitively. "You're a little bit too big to jump on me like you used to." Sloan shrugs with a smirk. 

"It's more fun now, though." She says, making him rolls his eyes. "Now get ready. We're running out of time." 

"You're so bossy." Jensen mumbles as he tiredly shuffles to the bathroom. Sloan laughs before walking back to her room, just stepping inside the door when the doorbell rings. 

Furrowing her brow, Sloan walks back downstairs and opens the door, revealing the Padalekis on the other side. She grins and steps aside to let them in from the snow. 

"What are you guys doing here? We still have thirty minutes." She says, looking at the adults. 

"Danneel asked us to come a little early to help her get everything ready." Gen explains. Sloan nods. 

"Well, they're in the shower now but they'll be down in a minute." She says. "Make yourselves comfortable." 

"I have a present for you." Grayson tells Sloan. She turns to him with a raised brow. 

"You know we're opening presents after breakfast." She says. Grayson just smirks and Sloan's eyes widen. She tries to run from the boy but he wraps his arms around her waist before picking her up and throwing her over his shoulder. 

"No! Grayson put me down!" She yells, pounding on his back with the side of her fist. 

"As you wish." He says, dropping her in the snow. Sloan screams before standing up quickly, shivering in her shorts and tank top. She glares at Grayson as he laughs and shoves him, making him fall into the white powder. 

While he's down, Sloan grabs a handful of snow and hides it behind her back. She allows Grayson to walk ahead of her to the house and runs up behind him, dumping the snow down the back of his shirt, making him yell in surprise as he tries to get it out. Sloan laughs and runs passed him, running from him all the way up the stairs, closing and locking her bedroom door so she can change. 

When Sloan returns downstairs, she walks into the living room where Jared, Tom, and Grayson were with Jensen. Tom slides off the couch and toddles over to the teenager, wrapping his arm around her leg and grinning up at her. Sloan laughs and picks the one year old up, resting him on her hip. 

"Hey, bubba. Can I get a kiss?" She asks. Tom leans forward and gives her a big, wet kiss, making Sloan grin. "You're so much nicer than your uncle." She says as she walks over to the couch. Grayson flicks her in the shoulder as she sits down but she ignores him, setting Tom on her lap.