Chapter 12

Two weeks later, Sloan's laying in her bed staring at the ceiling. She still hadn't been able to sleep without nightmares and last night was no exception. She managed to get about five hours of sleep, the longest she's gotten since the shooting. The places she had been shot ache when she thinks about that day and right after she wakes up from her nightmare and she was still struggling with adapting and coping with only having one arm. 

Ignoring all the thoughts flying around in her head, Sloan rolls out of bed and walks across the hall to Grayson's room. She bangs the side of her fist on the door, not stopping until is swings open and the boy glares at her in annoyance, his brown hair sticking up every which way. Sloan smiles at him sweetly. 

"Get dressed. We leave in thirty." She tells him.

"Why are you so grumpy?" He asks, stepping out of his room and following his friend downstairs to the kitchen. 

"I'm not grumpy. I'm tired." She tells him. "And the Russos are coming to set today so I can't be late." 

"It should be illegal to be up this early." He mumbles. "Why do I have to be up this early? I'm not even on the show." 

"If I have to be up, you have to be up. That's how this works." She tells him for the millionth time in the two weeks she's been on the show. 

"But I could be sleeping right now." He says as they enter the kitchen. Sloan rolls her eyes and moves to the cabinets, getting out a coffee mug and pouring some of the black liquid into her cup.

"Morning." Jared greets, setting a plate piled high with pancakes on the table. "Pancakes?" 

"No thanks. I just need some coffee." Sloan answers, sitting at the table. 

"You didn't eat dinner last night, either." Jensen points out as he puts two plates on his plate. Sloan shrugs as Grayson plops down next to her, getting his own pancakes. 

"Wasn't hungry." She says. "Not hungry now either." Sloan sets her cup on the table and stands up. "I'm gonna get ready." She tells them as she walks back down the hall and to the stairs. 

"You have to eat!" Jensen yells after her but she ignores him. 

Sloan enters her room and grabs a pair of black skinny jeans and a white tank top, walking into her and Grayson's bathroom to shower. She showers quickly and dries off, leaving her hair slightly wet so it's easier for the hair artist, Katie, to style. 

When she's finished brushing through her tangles, Sloan walks back into her room and pulls on a flannel. She grabs her phone, a black beanie, her combat boots, and a pair of mis-match socks before going back to the kitchen and sitting in her chair. She slips her socks on before forcing her feet into the boots, attempting to tie the laces with her one hand. After several attempts and fails, Sloan finally gives up and turns in her seat, propping her feet in Grayson's lap. 

"Help." She says. Grayson rolls his eyes playfully and ties the girl's shoes for her. "Thanks." Sloan says, setting her feet back on the ground. She pulls the beanie on her head and pulls it down some as the males finish eating and stand. 

"Ready?" Jared asks. Grayson and Sloan nod and the group walks to the door. The teenagers grab their book bags that were sitting by the door and follow Jensen and Jared to the car where Cliff was waiting. 

Once they reach the set, Jensen, Jared, and Sloan head their separate ways, Grayson following the girl to her trailer as Cliff leaves to go to the airport. On the way to the trailer, the teens run into their teacher, Mr. Turner. 

"Hey, Mr. T." Sloan greets with a smile. 

"Hey, guys. Did you finish your homework assignments from last night?" He asks. Sloan nods.