Chapter 3

"Sloan! Come on, we're late!" Grayson yells up the stairs, waking the girl up. 

Sloan groans and looks over at her alarm clock, seeing that it's 7:45. She jumps up and grabs a random outfit, rushing to get dressed. They were supposed to be at the set fifteen minutes ago. Sloan stops, her shirt halfway over her head, as she remembers the group's plan for the day. The teenager walks over to her door and opens it just a crack. 

"Are we still going swimming later?" She calls down the stairs. 

"Yes." Grayson replies. 

"Are we coming back before we go or are we going straight there?" That would determine if she puts actual clothes on or just her bathing suit. 

"I think we're going straight there." The older boy says, annoyance lacing his voice. "Now hurry up and get dressed! They're gonna kill us if we're late again!" Sloan huffs and walks back to her closet. 

"Calm down!" She yells back, throwing her clothes back in the closet and grabbing a random bathing suit, moving back to the door. "They won't kill us, they'll just seriously hurt us." 

Sloan closes the door again before changing into her black bikini. She slips a white lace dress over her shoulders before sliding into her brown flip slops. She walks into the bathroom she and Grayson share and quickly brushes her teeth before pulling a brush through her long blonde tangles. Sloan walks back into her room and grabs her phone and earbuds before running down the stairs. 

"You're not going to take actual clothes?" Grayson asks, eyeing his friend's outfit. "We have to be back at the set tonight and then we're going out for dinner. There's no way Jensen's going to let you wear that in public." 

"Why not?" The girl asks, looking down at the clothes as if she was oblivious to the older boy's meaning.

"Because you can see straight through it!" The sixteen year old exclaims, making Sloan laugh. 

"Realax, I have clothes in my dad's trailer." She tells him, walking towards the door. Grayson stays in his spot, watching her go as he shakes his head in exasperation. "Let's go, Padalecki. We're gonna be late."

"I hate you." Grayson mumbles, following the younger girl to the door. Sloan smiles at the boy sweetly. 

"No you don't. You love me." She insists as she opens the door. "You just don't know it yet." The two walk outside, expecting to see Cliff, but the driveway is empty. 

"See? Cliff isn't even here yet." Sloan points out, turning to her friend. "He probably got caught in traffic or something. Which is the excuse we're gonna give for being late." Sloan throws her arm around Grayson's shoulders. "I'm telling ya, Gray, you need to lighten up. Live a little." 

"I'll live a little if they don't kill us." He says as a car pulls into the driveway. Sloan releases her friend and begins to walk backwards towards the car. 

"Relax, they won't even know why we're late." She says.

"Oh yeah?" Grayson asks with a smirk as a car door closes. Sloan nods. 

"Yeah. Trust me. How would they possibly-" She begins, turning around and seeing none other than Jensen and Jared leaning against Jensen's truck, arms crossed over their chests and a brow raised. "know?" 

"You were saying?" Jared asks with a smirk. 

"Hey, guys! What are you doing here?" The girl asks, acting like the two teenagers weren't running late for the third time that week. "I thought we were meeting you at the set." 

"You were supposed to." Jensen says. "Half an hour ago."

"See, it's a funny story, really." Sloan says before pointing to Grayson over her shoulder. "Which I'll let Grayson explain. Take it away, Gray."