Chapter 10

A week and a half later, Sloan and Jensen are walking into the hospital. Sloan goes to sit down while Jensen gives the receptionist her name and informs her that they have an appointment with Doctor Robinson. Fifteen minutes later, they're being led to a room at the end of a long hallway. 

"Good morning." The doctor greets when he enters, standing in front of Sloan who was seated on the table. "How does everything feel?" 

"Fine." She says simply with a nonchalant shrug. 

"No pain or irritation?" He asks. Sloan shakes her head. "That's great. Can you lay back and lift up you shirt a bit so I can check your wound?" Sloan lays back on the table, lifting her shirt up to her ribs. 

Doctor Robinson gently touches the area around the gunshot wound in her abdomen, his cold hands making a small shiver run down Sloan's spine. He examines the wound on her leg as well before helping the girl sit up. 

"They look great. The stitches are ready to come out." He announces. "Now, I'm going to remove the gauze from your shoulder and take a look at it. Okay?" Sloan nods again and moves her hair over her right shoulder. 

The doctor gently peels off the tape and slowly removes the gauze. He gently touches the area around the stitches, making Sloan wince slightly at the still-tender wound. "Okay." The doctor whispers to himself after a few moments. "Everything looks good. I'll be right back." He exits the room to get the tools needed to remove the stitches, leaving Sloan and Jensen alone. 

"How bad does it look?" She asks quietly, still unable to make herself look at her shoulder. 

"It doesn't look bad at all." Jensen tells her. "Why don't you take a look?" Sloan takes a deep breath before nodding. 

She slides off the table and walks over to the mirror on the other side of the room, standing sideways to look at the shoulder. She feels tears start to prick at her eyes at what she sees. The end of her shoulder has a long line of stitches across it that's going to leave a big scar. The only part of her arm that's left is the shoulder, not even leaving enough for a decent prosthetic. She takes another deep breath and blinks away her tears before sitting back down on the table. The doctor returns moments later with the kit in his hands, which are now covered with gloves. 

"Do you want me to stay?" Jensen asks Sloan. She gives him a nod and he takes her hand in his, giving her a reassuring smile. 

Once the stitches were out and the doctor confirmed that Sloan was cleared to return to her usual activities, the two returned home. Sloan went right to her room to begin getting her things together to leave for Vancouver in the morning before sitting on her bed, getting lost her thoughts. 

Jensen knocks on her door an hour later and opens it, finding her sitting on her bed, staring blankly out the window. Sloan turns her head to the door when she hears it open and looks at her father. 

"I just got a call from Kripke." He says, walking farther into her room to sit next to her on the bed. 

"Yeah? What, did he say they can't use me on the show anymore?" She asks. Jensen furrows his brow and shakes his head. 

"What? No!" He says. "He got a call from a friend of his who's friends with the Russo brothers from Marvel. Apparently they're recasting the role of Alexia Barnes and he asked Eric if he knew of anybody who might be interested. And Eric said he thought you would be perfect for the role." 

"Dad, I haven't even started on Supernatural yet." Sloan points out. "Besides, they aren't gonna want me."

"Why not?" He asks. 

"Because why would they want to cast a girl who has as many issues as I do?" She asks, looking down. "There are so many other people who would play the part better than I could. So why even go out and audition if I know I'm not gonna get the part?"