Chapter 21

That night when Sloan got to her room, there were more papers on the bed. She picks them up and sees that they're three more polaroids. The first was when she crashed Jensen and Jared's panel. She was laughing at something someone had said and they were both looking at her with smiles as she was doubled over. The second was one from Sloan and Grayson's panel. The two were laughing about something, looking at each other with wide smiles. She flips the to the third and her blood runs cold.

It was of Jensen and Sloan in the green room. They were hugging and Sloan was clutching onto his shirt and you could clearly see the tears rolling down her cheeks. Sloan was sure she was the only one in that room. She flips the picture over to see one word and one number written on the back in red. Confused, she flips the other two over to see one word and one number on each of them. She arranges the photos in the only way the message would make sense. 

Watch your back. 02.05.12.

Sloan grabs the pictures as well as the one from the night before and runs to Jensen's room, banging on the door. He opens it almost immediately and she rushes in, not wanting to be in the hallway alone. Jensen closes the door and turns around, looking at the girl in concern and confusion, seeing the fear and panic in her eyes.

"Sloan, what's wrong?" He asks. 

"I think someone's stalking me." She tells him. 

"What? What do you mean?" He asks quickly. She starts to answer but then realizes that if the person was able to get into her room, they could be anywhere in the hotel. She puts the pictures in her jacket pocket before grabbing the hotel stationary. 

We can't talk here. We need to go someplace private. She writes and shows it to Jensen, who just looks even more confused. She sighs and quickly scribbles something else down. Someone got into my room. They could be anywhere in the hotel. We need to leave so we can talk about this.

Jensen nods and grabs his room key. Sloan pulls out her phone and texts Sebastian. Can my dad and I borrow your car for a minute? She waits a few minutes before she gets a  response saying to meet him at the elevator.

The two walk to the elevator and Sebastian joins them not long after with the keys. She thanks him quickly before the two get into the elevator and go downstairs, walking out of the backdoor. They get into the car and Jensen starts driving, every now and then turning onto a random street.

"What's going on?" Jensen asks. Sloan pulls the pictures out as he pulls into an empty parking lot. She hands him the photos and he flips through them. "Who took these?" 

"I don't know." She tells him. "Look at the back of the first one." He flips it over to see the note from the previous night.

"'Sloan and fake father'?" He reads. "What the hell?" Sloan takes the other three and arrange them on the center console between them. 

"Flip these over starting with this one." She says, pointing to the one on the edge. Jensen flips them all over and his eyes widen at the words.

"Where did you find these?" He asks, looking up from the photos.

"They were on my bed." Sloan points to the first pictures. "I found this one last night."

"Last night?" He repeats. Sloan nods. "Why didn't you tell me?" 

"I thought it was just a fan that didn't like me or something." She tells him with a small shrug. 

"That's why you came to my room last night." He realizes. Sloan nods again. 

"I found these right before I went to your room earlier." She tells him, pointing to the other three photos. "They weren't there when Grayson and I were there."