Chapter 28

The next three days passed in a blur of making sure Sloan was prepared for surfing, packing, and swimming. When Friday morning finally came, Sloan jumps out of the bed excitedly and rushes to get dressed, throwing on a white shirt with black lace on it and a pair of denim shorts. She struggles with the button on the shorts for a minute before slipping into a pair of black sandals. She brushes her teeth and hair before throwing the tooth and hair brushes in her bag. 

Sloan grabs the bullhorn that she had found in the attic out of her closet before walking out of her room. She comes to a stop in the middle of the hallway between the rooms and smirks as she turns the bull horn on and holds it up to her mouth. 

"Good morning, Vietnam!" She yells into the tool, thankful that Gen and Danneel took the kids home last night to pack.

"Sloan!" Three male voices yell immediately, making the girl laugh before raising the bullhorn again. 

"Rise and shine morons! It's convention day!" She yells excitedly. 

When she doesn't hear any movement coming from any of the rooms, Sloan looks at the bullhorn and moves the switch over to the siren setting, holding the button down so the sound of police sirens fill the house. She smirks when she hears a thud come from Jared's room, telling her that he just fell out of the bed. The door swings open and Jared glares at her, his hair sticking up everywhere as he leans in the doorframe. 

"I'm going to kill you." He threatens. Sloan just smiles and stops the siren sound. She pulls her phone out and searches for the song she needs. When she finds it, she holds the phone up to the bullhorn and presses play, Asia's Heat of the Moment filling the space.

"No!" Jensen yells, quickly opening his door. 

"Okay, you little brat, we're up." Jared tells her. Sloan smiles and turns off the bullhorn and music before turning to Grayson's door, banging on is with the side of her fist.

"Grayson get your ass out of the bed!" She yells, getting a groan in response. "Don't make me come in there and jump on you!" She hears movement before the door opens. "Good, everyone's up. Now get moving." 

And hour later, the three are on their way to the airport and two hours later they're meeting the women and babies at the airport and are on the plane on the way to California. 

Soon enough, the group is on the ground and on the way to the hotel. They check in and get their keys before making their way to the elevator. When they reach their floor, they step out and go to their rooms to get settled in. Half an hour later, there's a knock on Sloan's door. She stands from her bed and walks over to it, opening it to reveal Grayson on the other side. 

"Can I help you?" She asks. 

"No." He says before smiling. "Just wanted to see my girlfriend." Sloan smiles at him, rolling her eyes playfully.

"Gray, you've seen me literally everyday for the past twelve weeks." She points out. Grayson shrugs. 

"Your point?" Sloan rolls her eyes at him and invites him in. Grayson shakes his head. "I was about to go down to the green room. You wanna come?" Sloan nods and grabs her room key and phone before following him to the elevator. She sees him texting someone and her curiosity is peaked. 

"Who ya textin'?" She asks as the elevator doors close. Grayson turns off his phone and looks at her. 

"Jared. Letting him know where we were going." 

"You don't happen to know who's replacing Misha, do you?" She asks after a second. Grayson shakes his head but Sloan knows he's lying when she sees his hand keep twitching. She narrows her eyes but decides to ignore it. Grayson leans down and gives her a kiss to distract her just as the doors open.