Not Over You

Desire

It has been three months since I last saw August. That day he left me laying in the hospital bed, with no answers, hurt me more than anything. I haven't talked to my mom, but I have tried to reach out to her so that she can tell me something. My grandmother is away on some type of business, so she says. I think that it is something more going on, but still nobody is saying nothing. My dad and I have been talking, but I feel like something is not quite right with him.

I was currently sitting on my steps just looking around my new home. I moved out of the house I was living in because it was too many painful memories there. I needed a fresh start and I needed to get my head back on right. With everything that happened I ended up seeing a therapist because Nedra recommended it. I have to admit that therapy has really been going good and it has helped me cope with the pain of losing my baby and August. The more I thought about it the more my heart breaks, but its life and shit happens. That's the attitude I have taken about a lot of shit these days.

It was now September and Aug's birthday had came and went. I thought that we would have been together to celebrate his birthday as a couple, but I thought so wrong. I sighed standing from the stairs and walked down to the living area to grab my navy blue blazer. I slid it on and grabbed my Tom Ford tote. I pulled my keys out and headed out the door to my newly purchased Benz 350. I was gonna meet Nedra at the mall to do a lil shopping.

I started the ignition and backed out. I had an array of ol'skool cd's and right now I was feeling H-town's Cryin' Out My Heart to You. That's exactly what my heart felt like it was doing, crying out for August. I never experienced a heartbreak like this before and it hurts so damn bad. I was so lost in the music that I wasn't paying paying attention to where I was going and ran into the back of black and chrome Range.

"Dammit! I yelled in frustration. This is the last damn thing I need right now. I was busy looking in my glove compartment for my insurance information and all that, that I didn't notice that the driver had got out. When I rose back up I sat there looking at the man I hadn't seen in three months. The man I hadn't touched, or talked to.

"FUCK!" I blurted aloud as I banged on the steering wheel. Just when I thought my heart wouldn't break anymore A female got out of the car looking at the back of the truck. I was trying to think positive, but I already knew she was a fuck buddy or something. At that moment I wanted to crawl in a hole and die.

August

I knew that today was going too good. Muh'fuckas can't drive and shit, hittin' innocent niggas in tha' back. I had just got this Range less than two weeks ago and some asshole had to fuck my shit up. I hopped out the car adjusting my Rayban's and looked at the back of my shit. Both my tail lights were smashed and my bumper was dented a good lil bit.

I looked up at the car that hit me and I couldn't tell if it was a man or woman, but it really didn't matter if it was. The point was they just ruined my fuckin' day with this shit hea.'

"Baby how bad is it?" Rayne asked as she walked around the back of the truck.

"It could be worse. I just hate tha' shit happened, but it ain't the end of tha' world. You good." I asked as I leaned on the truck, still wonderin' why the person hadn't got out yet.

"You are right. I'm just glad it wasn't worse."

I looked at Rayne and she was a beautiful girl and all, but I didn't have feelings for her and I damn sure didn't love her. The one I loved I hadn't talked to or seen in three months. I know I hurt and it hurt me more leavin' and not telling her, but shit at the time I didn't think she could handle the shit that had gone on. There was still shit unanswered and people that I still had to be on the lookout fa.'

I was so deep in thought that I didn't realize that whoever was driving that fire red Benz was stepping out until I saw a heel clad foot on the pavement. When the person got all the way out revealing themselves, I stood there and looked not believing who I was seeing. My breath stalled in my fuckin' lungs because she was still just as beautiful if not even more so than before.

She slowly walked to the front of her car and looked at the damages and then walked to the back of my truck looking at the damages there. She ran her hands throught her hair and sighed deeply. I couldn't help but to admire her body, hell just admire her period.

"Are you okay? I'm so sorry. My mind was a million miles away and I wasn't paying attention to the road." She said as she nervously bit on her red tinted lips.

"Yeah..Yeah I'm good. You straight." I asked as I stared at her as if it was my first time ever seeing her.

"AUGUST!" I heard Rayne yell at me. Shit I had don' fa'got about her ass.

"Why you staring at her like that, do you know her?" She asked as she folded her arms and stared Desire down.

"Yeah I know her, but Rayne don't start all that bullshit." I walked closer to Desire and she automatically took a step back.

"Desire let me talk ta' ya fa' a minute." I grabbed her elbow not giving her a chance to answer. I walked her to the driver side of her car.

I just stared deep in her honey eyes and there was so much hurt, pain, and love there, it was slowly breaking me down. I reached out and pushed her hair outta the way and caressed her cheek. She closed her eyes. I saw a tear escape and roll down her cheek. I tried to wipe it away but she moved out of the way from my touch.

That shit stung, but I know I deserved it.

"Look August I can't do this right now just text me your insurance info and I will have my insurance company contact you."

"De-"

"No you need to go and take care of your new bed mate"

She jumped in her car and sped off not once looking back. I sighed and walked back to my Range. I could feel the heat of Rayne's eyes on me, but I didn't owe her any explanations because I wasn't wit her like that. She was just a quick nutt for a nigga.

I got back in my truck and Rayne got back in with hella attitude, but I wasn't thinking about her right now. The only person I was thinking about was Dr. Desire Monroe.

I wasn't over her and I damn sure knew whe wasn't over me....

Well here is a lil intro and filler for you guys because I love you guys!

Shout out to _ThugNastyyy for doing my book cover!

Please go check out @Idefinebeauty_ books and show her some love also check out _QueenL New August Alsina FanFic as well!