Epilogue

Desire( six months later)

I was now nine months pregnant and I was so ready to have this baby. I couldn't get comfortable for nothing. Whenever August would try to touch me, regardless to it being innocent I would snap at him. The last few weeks he has been hella busy getting everything situated with his business and still tryna figure out everything. I was so proud of him in all his accomplishments. He has been working so hard.

I was currently laying on the bed flipping channels, bored outta my nind. I was so happy and at peace with everything in my life. My mother and father have expanded Monroe industries. They have been doing a lot of traveling, but they have chilled now that the baby is due any day now. Aug and I didn't find out the sex of the baby because we wanted to be surprised when I gave birth. I was really worried about my grandmother and I voiced that to my mother. My mother thinks that she has been doing too much and she simply needs to rest, but I feel like it is so much more. I just hope whatever it is its not anything too serious.

Ned and Twan were all happy and in love. I'm just wondering when they are going make it official because they know they want to. I started getting restless and I got up to head downstairs for some water. I looked at my Rolex and it was 2:30 in the afternoon. I knew that August would be back home soon and I prayed that I didn't snap on him anymore today. I finally made it to the kitchen a grabbed a Dasani out of the fridge. I leaned up against the counter and opened the bottle. I took a much needed sip and rubbed my hand on my portruding belly. I smiled down looking at my belly and tears glistened my eyes. I couldn't believe that I was soon going to be a mother.

I had fears that I wouldn't be a good mother because of the issues I had with my mother, but August was always a voice of reason when I felt insecure or had doubts about it. That's why I loved him so. These last six months have been pure heaven, that is until I go in bitch mode, but that is simply because of this pregnancy. I finished off my water and headed back upstairs to lay down. I was so tired. I got in bed and in minutes I was out like a light.

Sylvia

"Sylvia are you gonna ever tell Renee the truth?" Lawrence asked.

"Lawrence it's not that simple. I probably should have been said something, but I don't wanna cause any damage. Things are going so good now and I can't bare to break her heart." I stood looking out the window at my lavish yard.

"Well at some point you are going to have to tell her and not only that, you are going to have to tell the family ab-"

"Lawrence I don't want to talk about it. When it comes the time to reveal everything I will. Right now I just wanna handle this in my way." I looked back at Lawrence and he nodded in understanding.

He left out of the living area and I let the tears silently fall. I had been so strong for so long, but I didn't know how long I was gonna be able to put up this facade.

August

I was headed down the highway home. It had been a long day, hell it had been a long week. Tryna get everything situated and finalized for my label was frustrating, but I was happy to be doing this. I couldn't help but think about how happy I am and how married life thus far as been for me. Desire has been a lil bitchy, but I know its them damn pregnancy hormones. I know that the baby should be here any day and a nigga can't wait.

I know that Desire has been worried about her grandmother. She feels like something is going on with her, but whenever she asks her what's wrong she says everything is fine. I noticed she's not as fiesty as she once was and she carries this sad, distant look. I pray to God that all is well with her because I know that if it is something serious Desire won't be able to handle it. I was finally pulling up in my garage. I shut the engine off stepping inside the house. It was quiet and figured that Desire was upstairs sleeping. I headed upstairs to our room and Desire was resting peacefully. I walked over to her and kissed her forehead before going back downstairs.