Moving Day Surprise

Desire

I was currently upstairs packing and placing all my packed boxes by the bedroom door. I couldn't believe that I was gonna be moving in with August. It made sense because we are always going back and forth to each others house. I had just purchased this house months ago, after everything that happened and now its up for sale. I brushed my hands down my leggins and headed downstairs to my now empty living room. I walked into the kitchen and Nedra was wrapping and packing all my dishes for me and sipping on some wine.

"Damn Nedra I can't believe that I'm about to move in with August. I didn't even think after all that shit happened that we would ever see or talk to each other again." I flopped down on one of the barstools, sighing heavily.

"Girl there was nothing or no one that was gon' keep you two apart, no matter how hard they may have tried real love can't be fucked with." She took a sip of wine and sat down.

"Girl you say the realest shit and that's why I fucks witchu."

"I know I'm real as they come. I ain't like these fakes and phonies out here acting like they yo friend one minute and the next they ain't."

"True." I stood up about to make me a glass of wine when my doorbell rang. I looked at Ned and she shrugged. I sighed and walked to the door. I opened the door and there stood the last person I wanted to see, especially after I had tried to reach out to her.

"What are you doing here mother?" I folded my arms and leaned inside the door frame.

"I need to talk to you. It's important Desire." She looked at me pleadingly.

I really wasn't in the mood for her bullshit today, not now anyway when I was happy and I had other shit to handle. I looked at her and I noticed that she didn't look herself. She had lost a lil weight and she looked like she hadn't had a decent night's sleep in months.

I stepped aside and let her in. I closed the door and leaned up against it as I stared back at her. I wanted her to say what she had to say and get on, because I had better things to do than stand here waisting valuable time.

"It looks like you are moving. Are you moving?" My mother asked as she looked around.

"Yes I am, but what is so important that you need to talk to me about?"

"Desire I have done a lot of things that you don't know about and things that your father doesn't know. I put you and him in a dangerous situation and a lot of the things that happened is my fault." She looked down and back at me.

"Mother what the hell are you talking about?" I felt my anger rising and rising quickly.

"Desire I promised Chandler's father that you would marry him and when things didn't go as planned shit went wrong and fast."

"Wait, hold up." You did what?!"

"Desire I'm sorry, but I had to do what I had to do because his father was blackmailing me because he had a secret on me that I didn't want to come out. I kno-"

"Who is Chandler's father?"

"De-"

"Just answer the question. I don't want you to try and explain anything."

"Charles Wright."

No this shit can't be right. This shit can't be real right now. My life was almost taken because of a fucking secret. I lost mines and August child behind her and her bullshit. I snapped outta my thoughts and just glared at my mother like she had lost every particle of her brain, which I believed she had.