$hit Not Adding Up

Desire

I finished doing my work for the day and decided to head out. As I made my way down the hall I was stopped by Dr. Canty.

"Dr. Monroe how did Dr. Wilson enjoy the tour of what you showed him?" He asked with a bright smile on his tan face. He was a good-looking guy for forty years old and he was in great shape, but he was just the typical man, regardless to him being white.

"Um, well he seemed really intrigued. Although, I found him to be a little bit on the strange side." I scrunched my eyebrows up in deep concentration. I thought back to the way he was looking at me. It was like he was undressing with his eyes.

"Yeah I agree. He did seem a bit off, but he was very nice though." Dr. Canty said as he scratched his head. He smiled at me and I gave a an uncomfortable smile back.

"Well Dr. Canty I'm going to head out. I will see you tomorrow." I turned on my heels and started walking down the hallway.

"Dr. Monroe!" He semi-yelled.

I turned and and looked at him with what I hoped to be a aggravated look, but apparently that didn't phase him at all.

"Is there something that you need Dr. Canty?" I raised a perfectly arched brow.

"Yes, actually there is something."

"Okay, what is it?"

"I know this may seem a little bit forward, but I was wondering if you would have dinner with me tonight?" He rubbed the back of his neck and he seemed uncomfortable.

I looked up at him in a state of shock and surprise. In a million years I would have never imagined this. There was a long moment of silence and finally I broke it.

"Dr. Canty, I'm afraid I can't do that because I am in a committed relationship and I don't think that my man would take too kindly of me going out with another man."

"Oh I apologize. I just assumed you were single, but I should have known because you are a very beautiful woman."

"Thanks, but I really need to get going." I turned and made my way out of the building. I hit the unlock on my keyless entry and made my way to my Benz. I placed my things on my seat and got in.

Once I had started the car I made my way down the road. I kept thinking about Dr. Wilson. It really was something not adding up with him. When I get home I was gonna look him up and see if I can find anything out about him. Then I thought about me not having his first name, but I would call Shelby.

I was listening to the radio and just vibing. I was so ready to get home and relax. I was also ready to have some quality time with August. I finally made it home and parked in the garage. I got all of my stuff out of the car and then locked it. I went in through the garage door and I realized that August was not home.

I figured maybe he was at the studio, but I was gonna call to make sure everything was good as soon as I got situated. I sat everything down and headed upstairs to our room. I started pulling off my clothes so that I could head to the shower. I got in the shower and handle my business. I got out and wrapped a towel around my body.

I walked back into the bedroom and put cocoa butter on my body. I grabbed me some underwear, lounge pants and tank. I put them on and placed my wet hair in a messy bun. I grabbed my laptop and sat in the middled of the bed. Before I started looking up Dr. Wilson I had to first call August and then Shelby. I hit August number and listened as it rung and rung. It went to voicemail and I left a brief message and hung up.

I called Shelby and asked her did she get Dr. Wilson first name. She placed me on a brief hold and then came back with the information. His name was Carter Wilson. I thanked her and booted up my computer. When it got to the screen that I needed I typed in his name. A bunch of information popped up but the picture that popped up was not of the man that I saw today.