Romance troubles

The events of the past couple of years ran through Sylvia's mind. If you would've told her when she was nine that in a couple of years she would lose her best friend, her and her best friends dad would be engaged, she would come out as a lesbian, be the school flirt, and be the school's 'player' she would've told you that you needed to check yourself into St. Mungo's.

She walked down the corridors, allowing her fingers to softly brush against the rocky walls. Lately Hermione had been nagging and nagging her about how if she wanted to be in a relationship with her she needed to work harder in school. Sylvia just didn't bother to tell Hermione that they weren't an item and purely just friends with benefits, 'Only because Hermione was still questioning her sexuality and Sylvia new better than to fall in love with a straight girl'. So until Hermione knew for sure wha she was, Sylvia refused to go steady.

Hence why she was currently going to go meet Luna in the astronomy tower.

She opened the door and climbed up the creaky stairs finally reaching the top. "Hey Luna," she said as she presses a soft kiss to the shorter girls lips. "Hello Sylvia." She said said in her airy voice. "How was your day?" Sylvia asked.

Luna frowned. "I can't do this anymore Sylvia." Said Luna. Sylvia turned to look at her. "Why?" She asked. Luna looked down at the floor in shame. "Persephone tells me that I need to follow my heart, and lately my heart just hasn't been fully committed to this," she said gesturing in between them. "Frankly neither has yours." Luna said.

Sylvia stood up. "My heart has been in this relationship." She defended. Luna smiled and shook her head. "No it hasn't Sylvia. I see the way you look at me and it's not the same way you look at those other girls." Luna said with tears in her eyes.

Tears began gather in Sylvia's eyes. "Oh come on Luna, please don't cry. You know I don't like it when you cry." She said. Luna shook her head. "I'm sorry Sylvia, but I just can't do this anymore!" She cried. "It hurts too much to see the shine in your eyes disappear when you look at me." Luna said.

Luna walked over to Sylvia. "I love you, and part of being in love with somebody, is wanting them to be happy. Even if that happy isn't with you." She said while smiling. She pressed a kiss to Sylvia's cheeck and walked away, leaving Sylvia alone in the room.

Sylvia cried a little bit, dried up her tears, then went back to the gryffindor common room. Persephone sat in the bed finishing up her homework.

"Hey Sylvia how was your Oh my god what happened?" She asked as she set down her quill. "Luna broke up with me!" Sylvia said laughing. Persephone hugged her. "I'm so sorry sweetie." She said.

"Yeah! She said that you told her to follow her heart." She said. Persephone nodded. "While we were out in the forest she asked what to do when you're in a relationship and you feel that they don't have feelings. I said to follow your heart, and that if you truly love someone you'd want them to be happy even if that happy isn't with you." She said. Sylvia nodded and threw herself on her bed.

Persephone could hear Sylvia screaming into her pillow, she cringed. "I'm sorry, do you want me to leave for a while?" Asked Persephone. Sylvia nodded. Persephone grabbed her parchment, quill, and book then left downstairs to the common room.

Patty tried to walk up the stairs but Persephone turned around. "I wouldn't do that if I were you. The lion is going through some heartache and she just wants to be alone." Said Persephone. Patty nodded and walked back to Persephone. "Her and Hermione broke up?" Patty asked as she took out a quill. Persephone shook her head. "Apparently they were just snogging buddies. Luna and Sylvia were dating until Luna broke it off." Said Persephone.

Patty looked confused. "Wait, Sylvia was snogging Hermione, while dating Luna? Did she know?" Patty asked. Persephone shrugged. "I think they were sort of a thing sort of snogging buddies until Luna fell for her and broke it off because she knows that Sylvia doesn't feel the same." Persephone tried to explain but just ended up confusing herself too. 

Patty nodded, not fully under- standing the story. Persephone playfully nudged Patty. "So," she said in a teasing tone. "Who's been on your mind?" She asked.

Patty laughed and shrugged her shoulders. "Nobody. Ever since Fred became of age and left hogwarts there's nobody cute anymore or even remotely worth my time. All the good ones are taken." Patty said.

Persephone smiled. "I'm sure you'll find your prince charming one day." Persephone said, returning back to her homework.

Patty smiled and looked at a certain red headed boy talking to Harry. "Yeah, one day." She mumbled and went back to her essay.