The battle of Hogwarts Part 2

Persephone ran down a corridor out of breath, tears gathered in her eyes.

Lavender Brown, a fellow gryffindor She didn't even know that well had been murdered by Fenir Greyback. Hermione had blasted him away but it was too late.

Lavender took her last few breaths and shut her eyes. Persephone kept her wand by her side.

The boy, she was there for the boy. He was a first year, Mcgonagall had told her, and he had gone missing earlier.

Persephone walked down a corridor and into a classroom. She opened the door and immediately regretted her decision. She could feel a pair of arms on her shoulders and she froze.

"Where you going pretty lady," The deatheater whispered in her ear.

"The Dark Lord wasn't to happy the last time you got away." He said.

He pulled her by her arm and threw her into a different room, one she had never been in before. He slammed the door leaving her alone.

Persephone began slamming the door. "It's no use," a soft voice whispered. She turned around and in the farthest corner of the room she could see a little blonde haired boy.

Her heart beat quickened, as she walked over to him. "Are you okay? Have they hurt you?" She asked as she began checking his arms for bruises or scratches. He shook his head.

"No, but they took my parents. They're in that room." said the boy. She stood up and walked over to the door he had pointed at.

She slowly turned the handle and pushed it slightly open. She felt an unpleasant feeling in her stomach as she could feel herself want to hurl. She slammed the door and turned around locking the door.

"Are they alright?" The boy asked. Persephone shook her head as she walked back over to the boy. "What's your name?" She asked softly, her eyes sparkling in the light.

"Axton," he said. Normally Axton was a very shy boy, but for some reason he felt a familiar comfort around the stranger.

She smiled at him, "Nice to meet you Axton. I'm Persephone. Now can you give me your hand?" She asked. He nodded and gave her his hand.

Persephone walked them over to the door and stood in front of it for a while. "I'm going to protect you from whatever's out there alright. I need you to stay beside me at all times and when I say I hide or run you do it as quick as possible. I'll keep you safe." She said. He nodded.

She blasted the door open and once the cloud of smoke began pouring away, she could see a familiar face of red eyes staring back at her.

"You know I had a feeling you would try to escape with the boy. Oh well I suppose you can keep him. Anyways come on then we have somewhere to be." Voldemort said.

She squeezed Axton's hand softly as she could feel him tense up. He looked up at her and she smiled, "It'll be okay," she mouthed to him. He nodded.

Voldemort lead them to an empty room. "Stay there, it's already almost time." He hissed.

Voldemort walked put of the room and several spells could be heard from outside.

About 40 minutes later a loud voice could be heard throughout the castle.

"You have fount, valiantly. Lord Voldemort knows how to value bravery. Yet you have sustained heavy losses. If you continue to resist me, you will all die, one by one. I do not wish this to happen. Every drop of magical blood is a lost and a waste.

Lord Voldemort is merciful. I command my forces to retreat immediately."

"You have one hour. Dispose of your dead with dignity. Treat your injured. I speak know, Harry Potter, to you directly. You have permitted your friends to die, rather than face me yourself. I shall wait one hour in the forbidden forest. If in the end of that hour you have not come to me, have not given yourself up, the battle commences. This time I shall enter the fray myself, Harry Potter, and I shall find you, and punish every last man, women, and child who has concealed you from me. One hour."

Persephone paled as she looked out the window to the forbidden forests. "Please don't do anything stupid Harry." She mumbled.

~~

Harry's POV

As Harry walked into the forest, he felt a gush of wind go past him. He looked up and saw  transparent, figures staring at him.

Cedric, Lavender, Snape, Colin, and  Persephone's mother.

Flora smiled at Harry. She ran to Harry and hugged him, it felt like a breath of fresh air. "Thank you," she whispered. Harry nodded. "Thank you so much for taking care of my sunflower." She thanked him. Harry smiled.

"She deserves it." Harry said. She smiled. "I'm sure you already know why you're going in there then." She said. Harry nodded.

"Just know, you won't be alone. We're all here because we believe in you. And we trust you can win this war." She said.

"Win this war Harry!" Lavender said.

"Avenge us Harry!" Said Cedric.

"Show 'em who's in charge Harry!" Colin squeaked.

"Don't let my death be one of vain Potter." Snape said.

Harry smiled and nodded as he stared at them. "I suppose we should get going in then." Said Harry. The figures nodded.

~~

The door to the room opened and Persephone stood in front of Axton. "Well come on out then. The Dark Lord has a surprise for you." Said one of the deatheaters.

Persephone held Axtons hand and walked out and into the courtyard.

"HARRY POTTER IS DEAD!" Announced Voldemort. Persephone paled and felt her hand go limp in Axtons. She watched as Hagrid bought his body to the school and layed it down.

"Persephone my dear, come forward." Said Voldemort. She obeyed and walked over to him.

"How does it feel knowing that I've single handedly killed your boyfriend?" He asked. Persephone felt warm tears gather up in her eyes.

The deatheaters began laughing and Voldemort pushed her to Harry's body. She let her tears fall and she began sobbing on Harry's chest.

~thump~

~thump~

~thump~

Harry's heart was still beating. Was this part of a plan. "Harry?" She whispered so quietly Harry almost didn't catch it. "Shh," Harry whispered. She smiled and continued to allow her tears to fall.

Once she was done she stood up and grabbed Axtons hand.

In the blink of an eye Harry was standing back up and battling Voldemort. "OHH NO YOU DON'T!" Screamed Bellatrix.

"WATCH HIM!" Screamed Persephone. She pulled out her wand.

"AXTON RUN." She demanded. Axton nodded and ran over to the light side.

"EXPELLIARMUS!" Said Persephone.

"CRUCIO!" Screamed Bellatrix. Persephone fell to the floor, she fought through the pain and stood back up, lashing out dozens of non-verbal spells. Finally once she noticed a little trip in Bellatrix's step she blasted one last curse; causing Bellatrix to wither away.

With a one last, powerful, loud spell from Harry's battle. Voldemort withered away. The war...

Was over.

Cheering and Celebrating was heard thither castle. The sound of friends calling out eachother names and those of friends not responding and the realization.

"AXTON!" Persephone called.

"Persephone!" She could hear a tiny voice yell. She turned around and saw Axton running towards her.

"There you are!" She said. "I'm so glad your okay." She said smiling.

"Where's Harry?" Axton asked.

Persephone smiled. "Right now I have a feeling he'll want to be alone." Said Persephone as she looked up to the astronomy tower, where a figure could be seen staring at the crowd of people.

She looked back at Axton. "C'mon let's go inside." She said. He nodded and grabbed her hand, together walking into the castle of Hogwarts.