Chapter 2

Two weeks has passed since everyone found out that Cesar was jumped into Los Santos and two weeks has passed that most of the group tried to find ways to get Cesar out. Elizabeth refused to take any part, knowing there was no way for Cesar to get out, only hoping that he can just fly by with no huge responsibilities. There was going to be a meet up at Ruby's place to discuss the plans, but Elizabeth had a shift at the restaurant after school so she sent Oscar a quick text. After school, Elizabeth and Oscar met a block from the school to go to the sports restaurant and bar that she worked at.

She already had the uniform shirt on with her blue jeans with her waitress apron already around her waist. It's almost weird because Oscar has been giving her rides lately and it was inevitable for them not to become great friends and get to know each other more, not the big details. Their rides were mostly laughing and getting to know small parts about each other. It was leading to Elizabeth gaining some kind of feelings for the big bad gang leader that was actually a really sweet guy.

After her shift was over, the gang texted the group chat to tell her about the plan of getting Cesar out of the gang, but she quickly texted back that it was a terrible idea. However, like all her other opinions, it didn't go along with theirs so it was ignored. The next morning, she was with them in the morning sans Cesar so she could find out more even though she didn't agree. They walked up the stairs as they talked about their failed plan.

"Cesar's reaction was a wake up call. The plan isn't fully formed. We need more time to let our ideas marinate before we take action," Ruby explained.

"Marinate? No," Monse insisted, "we gotta cook now. Longer we wait, the deeper Cesar's in,"

"Guys," Elizabeth sighed, "this is a gang we're talking about. Cesar is in and he can't do anything about it,"

Monse ignored her negativity, "right now he's got no responsibilities. We gotta get him out before he puts in work,"

Cesar popped up behind them, "who's putting in work? You're still with that?"

"With what?" Monse acted dumb.

"Jamal?" Cesar wrapped an arm around his neck.

"We're still with it,"

Cesar sighed, "this isn't funny anymore. Trying to reason with my brother is dumb. You gotta promise you're gonna drop it,"

"You're overreacting-" Monse got cut off.

"Especially you," Cesar looked straight at Monse, "Promise,"

"I promise," Monse lied.

"Ok, good. See you after class," Cesar nodded at Monse, "Eli, you coming with?"

"Sure," Elizabeth shrugged, "my class is there anyways,"

The two walked away from the rest of the group and once they were out of earshot, Cesar cleared his throat, "Eli, I'm sorry. I had to claim Monse as protection for her,"

Elizabeth sighed, "alight. You're forgiven,"

Cesar grinned, "so...am I Salad, again?"

Elizabeth laughed, "Yes, you're Salad again,"

It was after school and Elizabeth was running to catch up with Monse and Jamal who were on their way to Ruby's place. When she slowed down next to them, she heard Monse talking about Ruby's diction so she quickly jumped in.

"Yeah. Sometimes I don't get half of the things Ruby says," Elizabeth agreed, out of breath.

Jamal grabbed his face in frustration and pulled, "what?" Monse asked.