Chapter 18

The bags were finally taken off and Elizabeth was seated with the whole crew and a lady sitting in a chair. Her eyes had adjusted to the sudden light.

"Please take a drink. Hydrate," all of them took a cup and started drinking it, "I hope it's not too strong,"

"Is what too strong?" Ruby asked.

"The poison," everybody spit out the water as the lady laughed, "I'm joking. I'm joking. Poison doesn't have a taste," again everybody spit out the water, "Maurice, please get my guests more water, I was being mala,"

"We appreciate your sense of humor, but in all seriousness, whatever your husband thinks we did, we can explain," Jamal said.

"My husband?" the lady questioned.

"B-boyfriend?"

"I answer to no one, let alone a man. I am Cuch-"

Cesar cut her off, "Cuchillos, heir to the Santos,"

"So, you're smarter than you look," she complimented Cesar.

"Cuchillos? As in 'knives'?" Monse asked.

"Don't look so scared. I brought you here to thank you for helping take down the Prophets. We thought we might get a handful, but to wipe out the entire operation? What a feat! I thought, 'who are these kids? How clever they must be to find the RollerWorld money,' I'm gonna tell you a secret. I was with Benito, Frankie, and Lil Ricky that night," Cuchillos revealed.

"No!" Jamal said.

"Who do you think came up with the plan?" Cuchillos asked.

"Lil Ricky wasn't the mastermind? I don't buy it. There was no trace of you in my investigation," Jamal said.

"Of course not, and for good reason. Because behind every good man is a better woman. So now I need your help again. If you were clever enough to find the RollerWorld money, I know you can help me with something even more important, and if you do, then I'll give you back the dough," Cuchillos looked at the teenagers, "Lil Ricky is alive, and you're gonna find him,"

The group began walking through the mansion.

"How do you know that Lil Ricky is alive?" Cesar questioned.

"There is a grave," Jamal said.

"Do you really think that all graves have bodies, or that all bodies have graves? It's called female intuition, I just feel that he's alive. Always have, I just don't know where he is," Cuchillos slowed down.

"Maybe he doesn't want to be found," Ruby said.

Cuchillos turned to stare at Ruby, "I thought of that too, but I don't care," she picked up a picture, "he was, is, the love of my life. I need him to know, and now is the time. This August is the 40th Hood day for all Santos and he deserves to see all that we achieved. And you're gonna ensure he does," she pointed to all the teenagers.

"Look, we wanna help, but what if, at some point, some of those Prophets are released and they connect me to the bad money? They're gonna be after us," Cesar said.

"Cesar, Cesar, Cesar. You're all safe from retribution. There is," she chuckled, "no threat. So you can get started immediately, and you should. August is around the corner,"

"Hold on," Monse said, "I start my new school in July,"

"Great!" Cuchillos said, annoyed, "then July it is," she looked outside to see the cop, Hammel, "Hammel, take the kids home,"

All five of them were dropped off at a corner and it was silent until Jamal started talking, "Lil Ricky is alive?"

"And Hammel's a dirty cop," Cesar fumed.