Chapter 9

The next morning, Elizabeth walked into the kitchen to see her mother in there cooking breakfast for the two of them. Her phone went off in her hand so she lifted it to her face and saw the text from Olivia asking if she wanted to hang out today at Ruby's so she immediately accepted, telling her that she was gonna start baking there anyway for the quince. Leticia turned around and set the made food on the island, motioning for the girl to eat.

"Good morning, mija," Leticia grinned, "now tell me about the hot cholo that dropped you off last night,"

"Ma!" Elizabeth blushed, "his name is Oscar Diaz. Leader of the Santos. Older brother of Cesar. 22 years old. My boyfriend and why aren't you mad? It is against the law and I promise I will do anything you ask of,"

"Have him over for dinner tonight at 8. I'm not mad because you do the right thing and if this is the one thing you do for you and only you then go for it. I have a few requests though," Leticia said.

"Ok. shoot," Elizabeth grinned.

"No sex until you're legal and don't throw it all your hard work away, mi amor," Leticia put a hand on the cheek of her offspring.

"Of course, ma," Elizabeth smiled, "I'm gonna go over to Ruby's to hang out with Olivia and start the baking for her quince and hang out with her,"

"Ok, but be here by 7:30 so you can get ready," Leticia laid a kiss on her cheek then grabbed her finished plate of breakfast.

Elizabeth nodded, running to her room to change into jeans and a shirt. Once she was finished and out of the house, she picked her phone up and called Oscar. He answered within 3 rings.

"Hola, babe," Oscar's voice rang.

"Oscar, my mom wants to meet you tonight so come at 8pm. Don't be late and please come," Elizabeth begged.

"Ok, but I gotta warn you. I'm not good with parents," Oscar said, nervous.

"Oh what would give that away? The teardrop? The tattoos?" Elizabeth asked sarcastically.

"Shut up," Oscar laughed, "this is serio, mamita. This is tu madre, not a hyna,"

"Sweetheart, you'll be fine. I gotta go 'cause I just got to Ruby's, but all you gotta do is show up in pants and a shirt with manners. Are you coming to Olivia's quinces?"

"No," Oscar scoffed at the thought and rolled his eyes.

"Don't scoff or roll your eyes, sir,"

"How did you know I rolled my eyes?" Oscar turned to see if she was near.

"I heard it. Come to the party, por favor,"

"Maybe," Oscar said, "now go to Ruby's,"

Elizabeth hung up after bidding their byes and went inside the house, "hola, Martinez family and Olivia! I am here to start the baking of the goods,"

"Hola, mija," Geny called from the kitchen, "you can start on the baked goods now,"

"Yes, ma'am," Elizabeth saluted to the woman, "I'm gonna say hey to Ruby and Olivia first," Elizabeth walked into the room to see Ruby with two types of makeup, "yes, sister! Do you, huntyyy!"

"Shut up, Eli! It's fierce vs chic," Ruby rolled his eyes.

"Definitely chic. It's a quince not a drag show," Elizabeth reasoned.

"Yes, thank you!" Ruby looked at his phone, "I gotta go. Jamal needs me for some reason,"

"Adios, hermosa," Elizabeth laughed before turning to Olivia, "wanna help with baking these things?"