Chapter 6

Today was the football game that determined whether they were going to playoffs, but Elizabeth couldn't care less. The day consisted of students wearing Freeridge High colors, teachers wishing the football players good luck, and the players wearing their jerseys. Lunch came around so Elizabeth began walking to the table that the crew usually sits at, but stopped when she saw that no one was talking to each other so she switched direction. She avoided them at all costs and started doing homework that was assigned that day so she didn't have to worry about them when she got home. By the end of lunch, Elizabeth was done with her homework and texts were coming in from Oscar and the crew, all of them asking if she was going to go to the game. She replied to all of them, telling them she was going.

School had ended and the crew went to their respective homes to drop their bags off then meet at the stadium. Elizabeth decided to hitch a ride with Oscar and the Santos so she dropped her bag in her room and ran out to Oscar's place to see that they weren't leaving yet so she sat on the porch steps next to Cesar.

"What's up with the crew, salad?"

"I don't know, honestly," Cesar sighed, "all I know is that I want to be with Monse,"

"Do you, Salad?" Elizabeth gave him a sad smile, "why did you kiss Olivia if you wanted to be with Monse?"

The two sat in silence, but Elizabeth knew the feeling so she wrapped an arm around Cesar's shoulder and leaned her head on his shoulder. She silently hoped that everything worked out for the better and the group was gonna go back to the way it was except Monse and Cesar were gonna be together. Both were in too deep with their thoughts when Oscar and the Santos came out of the front door. Oscar saw the position they were in and felt a sense of jealousy and anger.

Oscar cleared his throat causing Cesar to stand up in a rush and stuff his hands into his pockets, shuffling his feet because the younger brother felt the older brother's glare. The Santos were chuckling and made their way to the car.

"Oscar, it ain't like that. I swear," Cesar cleared his throat.

"'Scar, chill. He's just bummed because him and Monse aren't getting together and it's gonna take awhile for them to even date," Elizabeth put a hand on his forearm before jumping in the front.

The ride there was was short and the moment they arrived, Olivia was there waiting so Elizabeth rubbed Cesar's back in and attempt to comfort and encourage him before going with Oscar to the area that some Santos were occupying. In the span of two months that Elizabeth knew Oscar and started talking to him, she got closer to a few Santos that were like her brothers now, Sad Eyes especially. Nobody could decipher the sibling connection that they had when they met; however, his girl had gotten jealous, but soon saw that it was like a sibling bond. His girl now had gotten to know the girl and felt like Elizabeth was her little sister.

Rico, Sad Eyes, and Lorca were there so she felt less lonely. "Sad Eyes!" Elizabeth yelled, running to him and jumping to hug him, "Rico! Lorca!"

"We don't get a hug, puta?" Rico crossed his arms.

"Of course you do, drama queens," Elizabeth rolled her eyes with a smile, moving to Lorca to give him a hug, but he held a hand out.

"Spooky, get your girl," Lorca pointed to Elizabeth, "she's being a puta,"

"I swear y'all like children," Oscar rolled his eyes as he sat down on the stands.

 "Aye, hermanita," Sad Eyes rested an arm on her shoulder, "I'm going to the snack shack, you want anything?"

"Nah, I'm good, hermano," Elizabeth pushed his arm off, "thank you though. Where is guerita?"

"ella tenía trabajo hoy," Sad Eyes said, leaving the gang to go to the shack.