Chapter 1-Welcome to Paris!

(A quick note: this book was written where the reader is from America, cause I didn't actually think people would read this. 🙃The place the reader is from won't affect the story at all, so feel free to change (yn)'s home country)

I'm standing in the waiting area for flight G8, a round trip to Paris, France. My family is hugging me and my mom keeps saying "How brave I am" and how "This is an incredible opportunity" don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic!

I look around the waiting area and people watch. I see a short Asian man in a flower print shirt, until he caught me staring. He gave me a smile and a wave, and I quickly looked away. "would all passengers of flight G8 line up for boarding?" I jump at the man on the loud speaker. The Asian man chuckles at me, and I blush in embarrassment. I kiss my family goodbye, and step through the doors.

After a flight that must've taken a lifetime, I step off the plane and take a sigh of relief. I look around until I see an exited looking girl holding a sign that says (yn and yln) this must be Marinette! I run up to Marinette and take a quick look at her. She has dark blue hair pulled into pigtails, bluebell eyes, and rosy cheeks. I could've sworn I'd seen her somewhere...but where? Marinette waves to me. "Hi! You must be (yn)! I'm Marinette Dupain-Chang, and welcome to Paris!" I was nervous at first, but after seeing how confident and welcoming Marinette was, I instantly felt at home.

The taxi drops us off in front of a small bakery next to a park. Marinette steps out and grabs my suitcase from the trunk. As we walk inside the bakery my nose is filled with the warm, fluffy smell of pastries and other desserts. Marinette must have been used to this look I was making, and walked over to a shelf and grabbed two creme puffs, handing one to me. "I made these this morning, try one!" I bite into it and my taste buds melt. The creme is so soft and tastes like blueberry. As I'm chewing Marinette walks over to a middle-aged man with brown hair, sideburns and a mustache. "papa this is (yn) the American girl I told you about" The man (or Mr. Dupain) smiles and rushes over to me and hugs me. "(yn)! Its great to meet you!!" he says. I gasp for air "th-thankyou" Marinette giggles and says "papa, don't squeeze her to death!"

Marinette is leading me up to the Dupain-Chang family apartment when I hear her make a soft and small sneeze. "God bless you!" She looks confused and then says "oh thank you!"

We step into her home and go up a set of side stairs. Marinette opens a hatch in the ceiling and climbs up. I step into a bedroom with a large desk, mannequin, fabric swatches scattered on the desk and pinned to the wall, a mirror, a chaise lounge, and a loft bed. Marinette gestures to the Chaise. "You can sleep there if it is okay with you" I set down my suitcase on the chaise. "this is great, thank you!" I exclaim.

Marinette's computer opens to a news broadcast. A woman with magenta hair is on the screen "This is Nadia Chamack, don't be amused it's just the news! there is a new villain in the streets of Paris calling herself the Exploiter. Chat Noir is already on the scene-" I look at the screen. I see a boy about my age in a black catsuit with piercing green cat eyes, and wild blond hair fighting a woman with baby blue hair pulled in a ponytail, a bright pink dress, and some kind of camera. I am so confused... Why are there super villains in Paris? not to mention the cat guy, or the fact that my teacher never mentioned any of this! I look at Marinette for some type of explanation, but all she says is, "Oh no! I forgot to grab an extra pillow for you! I'll be right back!" I look at her like she's gone mad but all that she does is rush down the stairs.

Welcome to Paris indeed.