Chapter 29- Gray

"Kitti, whiskers off!" I say. I'm standing on Marinette's balcony once more. I let out a happy sigh and lean down against the wall. I take the rose out of my hair and hold it in the palm of my hand. I bring it to my face and gently sniff it. Kitti flies up to me and bats her eyes. "Awwww someone's got a boyfriend!" She coos.

I roll my eyes. "Oh please."

Kitti makes her voice even more high pitched and squeaky as she tries to mimic me. "Oh Chaton..." she makes a kissy face.

I giggle and roll my eyes. "I do not sound like that." I once again gaze down at the rose in my hand. "Let's get to bed."

As I climb back down the ladder I turn on my phone's flashlight. I grab my math book and open it, setting the flower inside gently before I close it again. I slide the book under the chaise, and lay down. I pull my blanket up to my chest, and Kitti curls up in her usual ball on the side of my pillow.

"Goodnight (yn)"

I scratch the back of Kitti's ears. "Goodnight Kitti."

———————

"(Yn)"

"(Yn)"

"(YN)!"

I jolt up. "GAHH!"

I look around to see to see Marinette standing over me. I toss over and pull my blanket over me. "You need to get up." Marinette says.

"Too....early...." I moan.

Marinette smirks. "Well then...I guess you're going to miss Sunday morning breakfast..."

"WAIT NO!" I say, jumping up. I run to my suitcase and grab some clothes. I step behind the screen and change into a (fc) top, and white jean shorts. "Okay, let's go." I say.

——————

After a breakfast of eggs and cinnamon rolls, Marinette and I head to the Lourve to meet Alix and Nathaniel, who were going to give me a tour of the museum. When we arrive at the glass pyramid, I see Alix and Nathaniel at the door, flipping through Nathaniel's sketchbook. Marinette and I walk up to them.

"Hey guys!" She says

They look up and smile at us.

"It's cool to see you girls!" Alix exclaims.

Nathaniel gives a shy smile and waves.

"So, what should we see first?" I ask.

Nathaniel speaks up. "I was thinking we could start at the Denon Wing."

Alix nods her head. "That's a great idea!" She says. "That's where paintings from the UK, France, US, Italy, and Spain is!"

"Including the Mona Lisa?" I ask.

"Yup!"

"Let's go, we have a lot to see!" Marinette says.

We walk into the Louvre and head to the Denon Wing. As we walk through, Alix stops and moves closer to a painting. She tilts her head and takes a close look at it. "Huh."

I walk up to her. "What is it?"

"I just don't remember this painting being black and white..."

Nathaniel runs up to us. "Alix! Why are all these paintings black and white?" He asks.

"What?!" Alix and I turn around to see that all the paintings in the room are colorless. "What's going on?!?" She exclaims.

Suddenly the walls and floors around us begin turning black and white. I look over to see a woman turning black and white as the floor she is standing on turns gray. She hunches over and all the life seems to drain from her face. I gasp. "RUN!" I grab Alix's hand and Marinette grabs Nathaniel's. We jump out of the room just as the last bit of floor turns gray.

"What was that?" Marinette asks, fear covering her face.

"It's not a 'what', it's a 'who', dearie."