Chapter 47- Farewell

I hold onto Chat Noir as he leaps across the Parisian streets, holding me bridal style. I feel a slight chill in the air, and nuzzle my face into Chat's chest, hoping that'll warm me up a bit.

It's three in the morning when Chat Noir gently sets me down on Marinette's balcony. I slowly walk over to the railing, and look out over the street. I let out a soft sigh, and hug my arms to my chest.

Chat Noir slowly walks up behind me and wraps his arms around my body. "What's wrong, Snowflake?" He softly asks.

"I'm going to be going home in a couple of weeks. I'm not ready to leave this city, the people I've met...and you." I explain, looking into my black cats eyes.

The cat says nothing, and simply rests his head on top of mine. "I've thought of that, too. It's not going to be the same without you." He says in a quiet voice.

A tear rolls down my cheek, and then another follows it. In moments I'm softly sobbing into Chat Noir's chest. When I finally let the last of my tears out, Chat gently wipes a stray tear from my cheek.

"I know that we'll see each other again. Until then, I promise to call you all the time." Chat says, giving me a small smile.

"Thankyou Chaton." I whisper. As much as I don't want to, I slowly pull from Chat Noir's embrace and head for the trapdoor. Before I make it all the way, he grabs my hand and places a soft kiss on top of it.

"Goodnight, Snowflake."

"Goodnight, Chaton."

——————

I giggle as Rose and Marinette are leading me by the arms to "a surprise" my eyes are covered by a blue blindfold, so I can't see a thing.

I'm traveling back home two days from now, on Friday. It's a bittersweet feeling. On one hand, I can't wait to see my family and home again, but on the other, I don't want to leave the friends I made here.

"Aaand we're here!" Rose exclaims.

I feel my blindfold being taken off, and I get a look at my surroundings. I'm on Liberty, surrounded by decorations and lights. Along one side of the boat sits fold out tables, each one covered by a different food category, such as: dessert, drinks, sandwiches, and more. Bright colorful streamers hang overtop of us, and bunches of balloons are placed all over. In the center of everything stands all of the friends I've made in my time here. Alix and Marc hold up a huge banner reading: We'll miss you, (yn)!!!

"SURPRISE!!!" Everyone shouts in union.

I look to Marinette and Rose, who are standing on either side of me. They both smile and hug me. I begin to feel tears well up in my eyes and I quickly wipe them away. "You guys...this is amazing!!"

"Marinette put the whole thing together! She wanted a great way to bid you farewell!" Rose says.

I turn to Marinette and smile. "Thankyou so much." I say, and hug her. We hug for a few moments before we hear someone clear their throat. "This is really sweet and all, but I was promised cake." I turn to the voice and see Chloe. I giggle a bit before turning back to everyone. "Let's get this party started!!!" I shout.

For the next couple of hours, we dance to Kitty Section, eat food, and spend time together. As I'm sitting at one of the fold out chairs eating strawberry macaroons (and smuggling a few to Kitti), I feel something tap my shoulder. I turn around to see Adrian. "Come with me." He whispers, smiling.

I take the hand he's holding out and together, we walk to the back of the boat. "I wanted to get you something before you leave." Adrian says, reaching into his jacket pocket. He pulls out a small aqua colored box with gold trim. I slowly open it, to reveal a silver necklace with three small charms on it. One is a cat silhouette, another is the Eiffel Tower, and the third is a Rose. "I thought it would be a nice way for you to remember your time here." He says.

"Adrian...I don't know what to say..." you say looking at the necklace.

"WELL I DO!"