Chapter 48- Ice

Adrian and I quickly jerk our heads to the voice. We see a furious Chloe, marching towards us, with steam coming out of her ears. She puts her hands on her hips, and arches her back. "How dare you, Adrian!!! You aren't allowed to be with someone else!" She yells.

I look at her angry blue eyes, and notice a few tears forming along the edges. "Look, Chloe, I'm sorry that we didn't tell you, but you can't force Adrian to date you either. Wouldn't you rather find a guy who likes you for you?" I say, sympathetically.

I notice a bit of understanding in Chloe's face, but it's quickly overpowered by rage. Before I'm able to say another word, Chloe brings her fist up, and the world goes black.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

I slowly open my eyes and look around. Everyone from the party (minus Chloe) is standing around me with concerned faces.

I'm laying on top of the couch in the cabin, which is very brightly lit.

"She's waking up!!!" A high pitched voice exclaims.

"(Yn)? Are you alright?" A mans voice asks.

I slowly sit up, and a ice pack falls off of my face.

"Whoa, be careful there, dudette! You just woke up." I look to the voice and see Nino, who was standing next to Ivan. I pick up the ice pack, and place it back on the same part of my head, but quickly remove it. "Ouch!!"

"Chloe hit you pretty hard out there. It's no surprise that your head hurts so much." Alix says.

"Is there a mark?" I ask.

"Surprisingly, no." Nathaniel says.

I let out a sigh of relief.

"How do you feel?" Adrian asks, sitting down on the edge of the couch.

"My head is pounding, and the spot Chloe hit hurts, but other than that I feel alright." I say. "How long was I out?"

"About 45 minutes." Kim says.

"It's getting late. We should probably all head home so (yn) can get some rest at Marinette's." Rose says.

Adrian helps me stand up and Marinette and I head to the door. Before we leave I turn around to everyone. "Thankyou all so much for putting this together for me. It means a lot." I say, smiling.

The room is filled by people saying, of course!!, we'll miss you!!, Goodnight (yn)!!

I smile as we walk out and into the Paris night.

—————

The next morning I wake up to my phone beeping, alerting me of a new Akuma alert on the news. I check how long it's been going off for. Forty minutes!? I yawn and I look around Marinette's room, but Marinette is nowhere to be found.

Right on cue, Kitti flies up to me. "You know what to do." She says, winking.

I nod my head "Kitti, Whiskers on!!!" In a flash of aqua light I transform into my white cat suit. I open Marinette's window, and climb out to see a rather peaceful looking Paris. I pull out my mirror and double check the news.

"The akumatized villain calls herself 'Aphrodite'. She is currently fighting Ladybug at the Grand Paris hotel." The news woman says.

I store my mirror on my belt and leap off into the Paris morning.