Chapter 11- Sleep

Its several hours after defeating Lady Crystal but Chat Noir's new nickname for me is still playing in my head

Snowflake

Marinette is fast asleep in her loft, breathing softly. I roll over on the chaise and grab my phone off the small makeshift-bedside table Marinette made for me. I look at the clock:

11:23, ugh...It's been almost an hour of no sleep now...

I slowly pull my blanket off of my body and get up, off of the chaise. I make sure not to wake Kitti, as she would throw a tantrum if I woke her up. I tiptoe over to the ladder leading up to Marinette's bed. I carefully sit down on Marinette's bed and crawl over to the trapdoor. Marinette rolls over. Quiet! I scold myself. I ever so carefully open the trapdoor and hoist myself onto the balcony.

I softly close the door and stand up. Even though I'm only in a baggy tee-shirt and pajama shorts, the cool city air doesn't chill me. I look down and the busy streets as cars whiz past the bakery. The sounds of people talking, cars honking, and other things only heard in a city calm me. As I lean on the metal railing, I begin softly singing.

"Little kitty on a roof..."

A different voice comes in.

"All alone, without his lady."

I gasp and turn around to the voice. I see Chat Noir sitting on the roof behind me. He's giving me a look I can't quite figure out.

"Chat Noir?" I ask, still speechless.

"Sorry, I usually come here when I'm feeling down..." He gives me a sheepish smile.

"Oh, it is alright. I could use some company." I smile at him.

"We've met before, right? Isn't it (yn)?" He says walking over to me.

"Yea, that's me, I'm the girl from America." I give a slight laugh. "Hey, can I ask you something?" I ask examining the kitty's green eyes.

"Sure."

"How did you know that song?"

Chat Noir looks at the stars. "My mother...she used to sing it to me...before she..." A single tear rolls down Chat Noir's cheek. I turn his head to face me and catch his tear with my finger. He looks at me, his eyes sparkling under the stars.

"Its-its alright to cry. You don't have to bundle up your feelings, Chat." I give him a small smile.

Chat Noir pulls me into a hug and buries his head into my shoulder. He begins to softly weep. I begin rubbing slow circles on his back with my fingers. I can tell he's been bottling up these tears for a while now...

We stay like that for the next ten minutes until Chat pulls away. I wipe one last tear from his face, and he gives me a soft smile.

I look up at his eyes. "Better?"

"I've always been told to hide my emotions...Nobody's ever told me it's okay to show my feelings...I guess what I mean to say is...Thank you." Chat Noir pulls me into a hug. "Thank you so much, (yn)"

"You're welcome, Chat Noir."

-----------------------------

Once I climb into bed after saying goodnight to Chat Noir, I pull up my blanket, Shut my eyes, and finally drift off to sleep.

----------------------------

For the first time in months, Adrien Agreste finally slept soundly.