Chapter 6- Strawberries

I land on Marinette's balcony just as the last bead on my choker beeps. An aqua light flashes and I'm back in my regular clothes. Kitti flies up to my eye level.

"You were amazing (yn)!" She excitedly says. "I knew you had it in you!"

Suddenly Kitti's stomach rumbles.

"Are you okay?" I ask the tiny cat.

"Y-Yea, just hungry..." she weakly states.

She floats down into the palm of my hand and looks up at me.

"I only have a breath mint on me..." I say as I search my pockets. Kitti's stomach growls again.

"I'll have to look in the kitchen and find you something, Kitti."

I rush down the stairs into the Dupan's kitchen. I search the cabinets but only find a stale loaf of bread. Ironic that they have a bakery... I move to the refrigerator next. Milk, yogurt, grapes...Aha! I pull out a piece of cheese and hold it out to Kitti. She sniffs it and gives me a dirty look.

"Do you actually expect me to eat this?" She says sticking her tongue out.

"Since when are you a picky eater?" I ask, frustrated.

"Since always!!! I'm a cat kwamii, what did you expect?"

I let out a groan and go back to my quest of finding Kitti food.

"Turkey?" I ask.

"Nope."

"Lettuce?"

"EWWW!"

"Tea?"

"No."

"Sausage?"

"Blah."

Suddenly Kitti's eyes light up.

"It is perfect!!" She flies over to the back of a shelf and grabs a bright red strawberry. The little cat takes small, dainty bites of the red fruit. I reach out and grab two more of the berries, and place them in a small container. I should save some of these for later. I think to myself.

Just as Kitti takes her last bite, the front door opens. Kitti flies into my purse backpack almost instantly. Marinette walks in.

"Hey (yn), sorry that took me so long. Did you get hungry?" She asks, giving me her typical warm smile.

"Oh..Uh...Yea! I got hungry so i came down here for some...Bananas!" I say, nervously chuckling.

"Alright. When your done come upstairs so we can finish our homework!"

"Will do!"

I stuff the container of strawberries in my backpack, and run up the steps after Marinette, grinning to myself.

I have a secret...and nobody knows.