Chapter 8- Witches

I'm walking down the steps of the school with Marinette when she sees Adrien and Nino talking. Her cheeks turn bright red, and she jumps behind me.

"What are you doing? I thought you liked Adrien." I say looking over my shoulder.

"I can't just go up and talk to him. Whenever I try to say anything to him it all comes out wrong!"

"As if Marinette could ever talk to Adrien! She can't speak one word without sounding like a two-year-old...Who am I kidding? A two-year-old can speak 100 times better than her! Ahahahahaha!!"

I look behind me to see Chloe and Sabrina, cackling like witches. I feel my cheeks heat up.

"Hey! Don't talk about Marinette that way! It's not good to treat your classmates this way, Chloe! Quit picking on people just to make yourself feel better because nobody cares!" I yell at the top of my lungs.

Chloe gasps. Sabrina glares at me. Marinette's eyes are as wide as saucers. All the students turn in my direction with shocked faces. I slap my hands over my mouth, realizing what I just said. Look what you did (yn), You and your big mouth...

"How DARE YOU!!! NOBODY SPEAKS TO CHLOE BOURGEOIS THAT WAY AND GETS AWAY WITH IT!!! I HOPE YOUR HAPPY (yn)(yln), YOU JUST MADE A NEW ENEMY!!" Chloe screams at me at the top of her lungs, her face redder than a tomato. She flips her blond hair and stomps away, Sabrina running close behind. She gets in her limo and speeds off.

Everybody turns to me. I gulp nervously. Marinette grips my hand. Suddenly, everyone bursts out clapping and cheering. I begin Blushing.

"(yn), that was amazing! Nobody's ever showed up Chloe like that before!" Marinette says to me-bluebell eyes sparkling.

"Uh..thanks?" I reply, embarrassed.

Adrien and Nino walk up to us.

"That was pretty cool, dudette. You've got some serious guts." Nino tells me, smiling.

"It was nice of you to stand up for Marinette like that, (yn)," Adrien says, giving me a warm smile. "Marinette, are you alright?" He asks, his happy face becoming concerned.

"Oh uh...Yea! It wasn't that bland, I MEAN BAD!!! It's better now that your here-ER...TO CHECK ON US! ya know, just like good friends do!!" at this point, Marinette is a blushing mess.

I facepalm.

"We'd better get going!" I quickly say, interrupting Marinette before she says anything else she may regret.

I grab her wrist, and bolt down the steps and to Marinette's house, her following close behind.

"Thanks for that..." Marinette slowly says once we get into the building. "I told you I can't talk to him, (yn)!"

"It's okay, you just need to gain some confidence in your speaking abilities." I give Marinette a sympathetic look.

"But how?"

"I'm not sure yet...but what I do know is we'd better get started on our homework!"

"Oh my gosh, you're right! I can't go to the movies with Adrien if I can't get my homework done!" Marinette starts laughing.

I laugh along with her as we walk up the stairs to her apartment.

Just outside the Dupain-Chang bakery, a black butterfly flutters past.