Chapter 7- Sketches

I run up the steps of the school with Marinette, rather out of breath. We meet up with Juleka, Rose, and a short girl with pink hair that I haven't met yet.

"(yn), this is my friend Alix!" Marinette gestures to the short girl.

"It's totally cool to meet you,(yn)!" Alix says holding out her hand.

"You too! I love your hair!" I say, taking her hand and shaking it.

Alya runs up to us followed by a girl with multi-colored braided hair, pulled up by a pink bandanna.

"Girls!! You'll never guess what!!" Alya exclaims, holding her phone up to us.

"What is it, Alya?" Rose asks, her blue eyes sparkling.

"Paris has a new superhero! She has a new miraculous, the white cat! Apparently, she calls herself 'Alley Cat'." Alya quickly says.

We look at her phone to see a clip of Alley Cat(me) fighting MVP with Chat Noir. It's weird to see myself on T.V. but nobody knows it's me.

"I have to meet her! Her power lets her turn invisible, isn't that cool?" The superhero fanatic states, clearly excited.

Marinette giggles "She is pretty cool, but why are you so excited? You were never this excited about Multi Mouse."

"We all know you were Multi Mouse, Marinette," Alix says, elbowing her arm.

"Yea, you can't fool us!" The girl with the pink bandanna and braids exclaims.

"Nooooooo...." Marinette teases

We all burst out in laughter.

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm sitting in my math class next to a shy boy with bright red hair covering one eye, named Nathaniel. I've spaced out about 15 minutes ago, and have been doodling in my notebook. I slowly trace my pencil along the surface of my paper, silently humming to myself, letting the sound of the lead working its magic drift me farther away from the lesson.

"That's a really good drawing of Chat Noir. You've really captured his eyes." Whispers Nathaniel to me.

"Oh, uh, thank you?" I say, blushing. "Do you like to draw?"

"Do I!?" Nathaniel opens his sketchbook, revealing dozens of beautiful drawings. I gaze in awe at them slowly flipping through his book. He has drawings of random people, animals, buildings, and...superheroes?! I look at his sketches of Carapace, Rena Rouge, and the other superheroes of Paris. He has a surprising amount of Ladybug drawings...

"Nathaniel, these are incredible! You should totally make a career from your art!" I rather loudly whisper.

Nathaniel's cheeks turn pink. "I've been working on making comics with Marc. Have you met him yet?"

I think for a moment. "I think so...I've met so many people yesterday and today, it's hard to remember..."

The math teacher walks up to us, with a stern look on his face.

Uh oh...

"Nathaniel! What have I told you about drawing in my class?! How many times do I have to say to not sketch during lessons?! If you expect to amount to anything you need to get these silly ideas of art out of your head! And you..." The teacher points his finger at me. "I expect better from you. We don't just let anyone come to this school. If you can't take this trip seriously, you shouldn't be here."

I sink lower into my seat, my cheeks red from embarrassment. "I'm sorry, sir."

He grunts and walks away.

"I hate him so much..." Nathaniel mumbles.

"I can see why," I say, returning the mumble.

I slowly turn my notebook page, taking one last look at Chat Noir's eyes, before he disappears under the page.