Chapter 5- Alley Cat

The MVP throws his basketball at full speed in our direction.

I stare as the ball comes closer, feeling unable to move. I knew I wasn't ready for this. Some costume can't make me a hero...

I'm suddenly pushed to the side

Chat Noir pushes me to the ground as the ball flies over us. He is on top of me and I'm pinned to the ground underneath him. I stare at him and suddenly my cheeks go red.

"T-thank you..." I stutter, a flustered mess.

Chat Noir flashes me a sly grin. "It's no trouble kitten, but you should be more careful."

"Y-Yea...totally."

"GUYS!!!" Ladybug yells at us.

Chat Noir and I jump up and run over to where Ladybug is standing. Ladybug twirls her yoyo and throws it towards MVP, wrapping around him. His neon yellow eyes glare at her as he struggles to break free.

"Grab the ball, I can't hold him much longer!" Ladybug grunts.

I jump towards him with Chat right behind me. Just as Chat Noir raises his hand to use his Cataclysm and destroy the ball, MVP breaks free and throws his ball at Ladybug, trapping her.

"NOOOO!" Chat Noir screams.

"I don't have time to deal with you two right now, I have bigger fish to fry!" the MVP cackles. He jumps in the air and runs away.

I think for a second and come up with an idea. "Chat Noir, I have an idea."

"What is it?"

"We're going to use mist on him."

--------------------------------------------------

"Hey, loser! Betcha can't catch me!" Chat Noir yells at the MVP.

He grabs his stick and launches away towards the Effie Tower. As he's running, he dodges the MVP's basketball multiple times before finally reaching the bottom of the tower. Chat Noir jumps up and hides behind a pillar and catches his breath. A very confused MVP runs to the foot of the tower and looks around.

"I know your hiding here somewhere, you stupid cat!" he says.

I silently jump down.

"I already have your precious Ladybug..."

I creep up to him.

"So you and that pathetic white cat might as well give up..."

I pounce.

"I'm losing my pat-ARGHH!"

I pin MVP to the ground and grab his basketball, throwing it to Chat Noir. Chat Noir catches it and rather impressively spins it on his index finger.

"CATACLYSM!!!" He yells.

The ball turns black and crumples. A neon yellow flash appears and fades, leaving multiple people behind-Including Ladybug. The MVP turns into a teenage boy with shoulder-length blond hair and a blue basketball jersey. He has a confused look on his face, and slowly stands up.

Ladybug looks around and smiles. She throws her yoyo at the Akuma and catches it, opens her yoyo, and lets the butterfly fly away.

"Mist fade," I say, and I once again become visible. Ladybug and Chat Noir ran up to me.

"Great job out there, who are you?" Ladybug Asks, her bluebell eyes sparkling.

"Uh...call me...Alley Cat. Yea...Alley Cat!" I say, smiling.

"Well Alley Cat, we look forward to fighting with you." Ladybug smiles at me, gesturing to her and Chat Noir's fists together. Chat Noir gives me a welcoming smile.

"Pound it!" the three of us say in unison.

The beads on my choker start flashing. "Gotta pounce!" I exclaim. Dang, that was smooth...

I leap away back towards Marinette's apartment.

Little did I know...Chat Noir was blushing.