1

It was a warm Saturday morning as I woke from a deep sleep, I rose from bed and opened my blinds to see the spring flowers growing in our front garden.

I turned to be greeted by my husband, Scott, snoring and dribbling all over his pillow. Oh how I despised him, I never always hated him but a year after our marriage he started to get abusive and would hurt myself and my baby boy, Harry jr, which made me feel terrible as a mother because I wasn't home to always take care of him. I worked 5 days a week at a job that I could barely tolerate but I make a good amount of money.

I quickly got dressed and washed up in our bathroom to make Harry and myself some breakfast. I walked down our long hallway and was met by Harry playing with his hot wheels.

"Mummy!" He squealed, jumping up and running into my arms that greeted him with a hug.
"Hey baby, do you want some breakfast," I questioned.
He hummed and bolted into the kitchen.
"What do you feel like baby?"
"Waffles!" He yelped. Waffles was his favourite food, honestly it was a drag to make but I loved him and I never liked to complain and refuse to do and make things for my baby boy.

I took all the ingredients and materials out of the pantry and draws to make waffles and set them down to mix.

I only made five, Harry hasn't got a big appetite, considering he's only 4 and a growing boy. Suddenly I heard heavy footsteps coming down the hallway and I froze and whispered to Harry to go to the bathroom.

"Where's my breakfast woman," he angrily snapped, he stomped up to me, i was still frozen in place like a coward. "I- I'll make it right now," I spoke turning on my heel and rushed into the kitchen to make more, luckily I had everything still out!

While he started to munch down his waffles Harry came out of the bathroom slowly walking to me. I picked him up and carried him to his room, grabbing his hot wheels on the way.

"Stay in here, ok while I go do some house cleaning, daddy's not going to bother you in here, if here does just scream for help, I'll come and save my little Hazza, yeah," I stuttered. He nodded his head and pulled me in a tight hug. "I love you mummy," he whispered. I could hear dear in his voice, embracing in the hug I ran my fingers over the bruise Scott had made from last night, my eyes welled up with tears, I felt guilty for not getting out of the shower in time. He needed me and I wasn't there.

I let go of the hug and stood to start cleaning Scott's and I's bedroom, I hated calling things ours, he was a monster, he hurt me constantly, coming home every night drunk and smelling like sweat, there's no doubt he was out with other woman and at this point I didn't care, I knew I didn't love him anymore but I didn't want to cause trouble for Harry, I stayed strong to seem happy.

I reached our room and felt a stinging in my arm. The scar, it was from last night, Scott wanted his way with me, which made me feel awful, so I fought back which was idiotic since I know he's stronger, rape is where I draw the line so obviously I had to try. He threw me into the wall making my skin tear open.
I hissed from the pain and sat one the bed to reflect on my life.
Why did I stay with him? He is becoming more and more dangerous everyday? He's changed in a terrible way and you should leave? All these thoughts made my head hurt, I started remembering my past, all the lovers I used to have, I never dated many guys, I was really cautious and scared for relationships, Scott I guess was the only exception but with him it felt so right from the start, he used to be so caring, honest and funny. Ever since I started working he got mad and stayed out late all the time, I only worked myself because his job doesn't pay enough for our bills and Harry. I had Harry not long after marrying, we where thrilled and I don't know why we called him Harry, it felt right, it felt like a name of a boy a woman could trust and adore. He was already such a beautiful and caring young man, and the name felt so familiar, I felt like I knew it from some where but I could never figure out why.

My mind went to the summer of 1993, Italy it was. My parents and I where taking a trip down from our hometown New York. We stayed at this resort right by the beach, resort di sogni e commensali, it was called. I met a boy there, one I never forgot, only his name which disappointed me since he showed me what true love was and happiness. It was only over the summer, 3 weeks at the age of 17 with someone you loved at the time felt like enternity. I remember his face his words and his accent, he came from England and sounded like an angel, his words where so gentle and inspiring, he always knew how to swoon me and I miss that, so much, that I dream about those 3 weeks nearly every night.

I wish I had those moments back and I could see what true love was like again. With those lovely thoughts I layed down on the bed and slowly drifted into a sweet slumber.

----------

Hehe what did u guys
Think of the first chapter?

-Chelsea x