19

I arrived back at my parents house in a hurry, worried Scott would follow me, I saw no car follow me home, so hopefully he wouldn't have followed me, he was drunk so I doubt he would but he usually drives drunk and that's the worst thing about him, he's always a drunken mess when he gets home from work or a night out, that's why I never let Harry near him or myself, only when we slept because that's when he was most peaceful.

I quickly parked in the driveway and unpacked the back and brought all Harry's and my things inside, I don't know what I'll do with it at my parents house, but it's good enough.

I was greeted by my dad with a stern nod and smile. My mum came jogging over to me, panic written all over her face. I knew she would be worried. "I'm okay mum! Also I don't think he followed me home, I kinda sped so if I get a fine you'll know what it's for," I let out a small chuckle, setting the boxes and bags onto the floor.
"I'm just glad you got home ok, I know you weren't gone for long but I was worried, did you get everything you needed though because you were awfully quick?"
"Yeah I have, I tried to be as quick, he was trying to get me," I frowned, knowing he would be back, he knew were my parents lived and he never let things slide this easily, especially if it involves me.

My mum stepped closer to me, engulfing me in a big bear hug, the guilt, the pain and the memories came flooding to my mind, the years I spent telling myself he would change and that he was a good person, I knew deep down he would never change and I couldn't help. My eyes welled up as I gripped onto my mums shirt, sobbing, crying, whatever you want to call it, it felt like pain and I couldn't control my emotions, I was shaking and crying.

I heard a faint whisper, looking down through my eyes, everything was blurry, I sniffled and whipped away my tears as I realised Harry was trying to talk to me. "Yes bubba?"
"Why are you crying?" "Did someone hurt you?" He frowned.
"No baby, just you're daddy, we won't be seeing him again," I whispered as I crouched down to his level. Hoping he would be okay with that since he seemed to not be fond of him.
"Oh okay, well who's gonna be my daddy?" He whimpered, clearly worried.
"Someone very special, someone who will look after you and me!" I said trying to lighten the mood.
"Okay!" He gleamed as he pulled me into a little warm hug, "I love you mummy."
"I love you too honey."

My face red and puffy as I stood back up and looked at my mum. "All those years I spent convincing myself he was good and I deserved him, god how was I wrong, the pain and guilt I experienced wasn't worth for him, I feel terrible, I let my years go to waste," I said as I sat down at the kitchen table, grabbing my phone out of my back pocket, texting Harry that I was okay and back at my parents, that it was safe for him to come around.

I looked at my mum who was already in the kitchen making lunch, not bothering to ask what, I stood up and walked over to Harry and I's shared room.
"What you doing honey?"
"Cars, I found them in the bag," he gleamed.
Of course! He could find and get anything no matter where it was, he got away with too obviously.
"Make sure once you're finished playing make sure to put them back, no one likes a slob," I giggled to him, trying to stay serious.

"Okay mummy."

I smiled at him, as he focused back on driving all the different hot wheels cars around the room, in that moment I was focusing on his features and how he had my blue eyes, brown hair and thin lips, other than that he had Scott's nose and big ears. He was definitely going to get my height and my posture, considering I was 5'10 and had surprisingly incredible posture, because for a 4 year old he also had amazing posture.

I stood up slowly backing away from Harry, I dragged myself back into the kitchen, realising I was getting countless messages and my phone was buzzing uncontrollably.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I squinted to my phone, picking it up.

It was Harry.

Hazza❤️

Hey baby, just texting to tell you I might be late, was just in a car crash with an idiot going 100 in a 50 zone
-H

Oh my god, Harry that's terrible, are you ok?

Yeah I'm alright, just shook up, didn't get hurt, but the other guy did, the ambulance is on there way, I'm waiting at the side of the local fish n chips
-H

Ok, be there soon, stay safe xx

See you then baby❤️
-H

I was furiously biting my lip and sweating, I quickly collected my keys and frantically stumbled to the front door.

"Janina, where are you off too now?" My mum yelled.

"Harry was just in a crash, I need to go get him." I spat out.

"Oh my god, is he okay? Where is he? Can I come?" My mum darted her eyes everywhere starting to panic.

"He's alright and I'm just going go, I need to go right now though. I'll see you in a bit okay, check on Harry, yeah?" I said.

"Okay sure sure, stay safe baby!" My mum tried reassuring me.

She started to walk towards me reaching for my face trying to give me a goodbye kiss. I opened the door, avoiding her kiss. "I need to go now mum! I love you okay!" I yelled as I slammed the door shut, unlocking my car and stumbling over to the drivers seat.

As I sat down in my car and locked my doors, I sighed, laughing trying to keep myself from crying. Everyone was hectic and I needed a nap, ASAP.

-------------

This chapter is kinda short but things are getting pretty good again
Hope you enjoyed!

Finally updated
-Chelsea x