18

I drove up the street, trying to mentally and physically prepare myself and try to reassure myself I was going in and straight out once I get all the things I needed but in reality i had no clue what I was about to get myself into.

I parked in the drive way and looked up at the house, the white dirty and black faded bricks giving me ptsd from weeks ago, the memories weren't too long ago but still made a mark in my mind, a mark that would haunt me forever, I can't go in.

No, I have too, for myself and Harry. Scott's just a useless object that will only stop me. I'm stronger than him, yes, Janina, pull it together, get in there and get straight out.

I gripped my wheel, letting my hands fall into my lap. I let out a long heavy sigh, blinking away tears that fought to fall down my face.

I grabbed my keys and headed straight to the front door, no mercy and no thinking this through.

I quickly unlocked the door. It was open. The door swung open and I stormed straight to my shared room with Scott, looking to the ground I couldn't face the memories or him, if he was here.

I heard loud footsteps creep towards me, I picked up my pace down through the corridor into the bedroom, I hated. I shut the door behind me, locking it. Thank god for locks nowadays. I turned to see the whole room was trashed, all my stuff scattered across the floor, my clothes in heap in the walk in robe and my makeup and essentials all scattered across the floor and bed.

I grabbed the bin from our shared bathroom and started filling everything up with my most important possession.

All that I could was banging and slurs coming from the other side of the door.

"Open up you, d-dirty slut." He thumped the door repeatedly and I heard him grumble and groan, I rolled my eyes and my face scrunched up with disgust. I can't believe I led myself to believe this is what I deserved and that I actually loved him!

I shoved all my seperate and family photos into the bin as I silently made my way up to the door. I really didn't think this through, now what was I going to do, he has me trapped.

I glanced over to the window and had an idea, I silently made my way to the window opening it. Scott was still aggressively banging and yelling at the door, so no matter how much noise I made it would be drowned out by him.

I hung my feet off the ledge, out the window, it was only a 5 foot drop, I could do it, I grabbed my bucket full of clothes and photos, closing my eyes as I hoped off dropping to my knees, I groaned in response, my knees throbbing a bit, but i can manage it's not the worst pain ever.

I adjusted myself as I rose to my feet, I started sprinting to my car, making sure not to drop anything in the bin.

I unlocked my car and threw my things in, which surprising fit and made my way to front door.

It was wide open as I crept in, attempting to be silent as I made my way to Harry's room, luckily our rooms were located on the other side of the house.

I slowly made my way into Harry's room shutting the door silently and sighing out in relief, I still could faintly hear Scott's banging from across the house.

I turned around looking around at all the toys everywhere, the only things he truly loved was his hot wheels and stuffed turtle and lamb.

I grabbed all those toys and most of his clothes.

All of a sudden it was silent, no more of Scott's banging.

I panicked for a second, pressing my ear against the door, trying to make out if Scott knew I was in Harry's room and coming to get me.

Nothing was heard, absolutely nothing. I slowly creaked the door open, peeping through the crack.

I saw nothing and bolted towards the entrance door, I made it to my car and stuffed all of Harry's things into the boot and shutting it, hurriedly I started running to my side of the car.

I felt a strong push and was shoved against the car, I turned panic rising in me as I saw Scott, he was a mess. His hair was long and messy, a beard started to come in and his breath reeked of alcohol.

He stared at me, furious and confused, I had no time for this and needed to get out.

I shoved him away as I tried to turn around to get in my car, he grabbed my arm and yanked me into him making me yell in pains as I screwed up my face.
"I don't know where you're going or what makes you think you can leave me!"

"I want a divorce, I didn't want to tell you like this but I need you too know," I shouted back trying to match his intensity.

"Why? Don't you love me anymore? News flash you can't leave me, we're married baby, you can't leave without my consent," a smug look grew on his lips as he chuckled at me.

" I'm doing it no matter what happens, I'm gonna charge you for abuse, you're scum and I'd rather DIE than be with you!""now LET GO OF MY ARM," I hollered at him, done with this bullshit.

He stumbled back surprised, letting my arm go. I quickly kicked him back as I turned and unlocked my car and closing it behind me, with shaky hands I locked the door and was breathing rapidly. No one and nothing prepared me for this moment and I don't know how exactly I got out of it but all I knew was I need to leave.

I found myself back on the freeway, stealing glances out of my mirror to see if he's following me, knowing me he probably will.

I smiled to myself, realising what I just did. I never had to go back there again! No more abuse, emotional trauma and having to protect Harry or myself, from my husband!

I didn't want to think too much of paperwork and our divorce.
Right now I felt free, the best I've felt in forever and as if such a huge weight was just realised off my shoulders.

Time to tell Harry!

------------

Hope everyone liked this one!
I wrote this at 6am so I'm
really sorry if half of it doesn't
make sense loll

-Chelsea x