2

I woke up in shock, unlocking my phone that sat on my bed side table.
2:42pm it read, I let out a loud sigh, I'd been sleeping for 3 hours, at least it was nice and I wasn't hassled by my husband.
I wondered down the hall cautiously and into Harry's room, finding him dead asleep on the floor surrounded by his hot wheels.
I smiled to myself and let out a little chuckle. I creeped back down the hallway to find no sign of Scott, not even a note but then again, he does this too much and I'm not surprised.

I decided to not clean and I'd start that whenever I felt motivated or more awake at least, I decided to go into the basement, I avoided it all the time when clean out, it scared me in there, it was dark and gloomy and it had to much clutter built up.
Maybe it was time to go down and see what was actually down there.
I entered with caution and quickly flicked the light on.
Wow, it was a mess, all the boxes where either brown or white , big boxes probably filled with Scott's stupid magazines he collects to this day.
It was one box that caught my attention though. It was pink and glitter sprinkled on the side lid, flowers all around the sides and top of the box, it was small, pretty and simple.

A realisation sweeps over you. I know exactly what's in there and you actually always avoid opening it. But this time you open the box to take a look at what's in there. It was the box full of memories from that vacation, the vacation that changed your life, meeting the love of your life at the age of 17

Harry

And he worked at the boat rental, where you and your parents rented a boat for your vacation. It was truly love at first sight, and only if you knew that after these 2 months you'd ever see him again. You look at photos, old bills from cafes you two went too and a shirt, it was Harry's, you took it and smelled it, the fabric still smelt like him, his perfume. You close your eyes for a brief moment reminiscing. After setting it down you grab a very specific cassette and decide to rewatch it, it's a bunch of photos and videos of Harry that you took of him back that summer, then every memory seems to come flooding back into your mind. It feels like yesterday when he touched for the last time, before your parents had to seperate to from the longest hug you've ever experienced. It feels like yesterday when his luscious lips where softly kissing yours. It feels like yesterday when you were walking on the beach, and in hand, watching the sunset. A tear rolled down your cheek when suddenly the door swings open and your 4 year old son stands in the room.
He sits down next to you. "What's the movie mummy?", he asks.
"Nothing special just some old stuff that reminds your mum of her youth, sweetheart"' you answer while another tear rolls down your cheeks.
He whips it off your face and whispers, "It's ok to cry, mummy. Everyone cries, even I do," giving you a big smile.
You pull him in closer, give him a big kiss on his forehead and grin at him.

"I know Harry, I know."

I had an idea but I rejected it instantly thinking about Scott and how he would react. Maybe if I say it's for work, I do work internationally sometimes? You should do it. Go back to Italy! My mind was a mess and I didn't know what to do so I kept sobbing into my child's embrace.
He rubbed my back attempting to soothe me, I couldn't help the tears, it was like Niagara Falls.

Once I composed myself I headed straight up to mine and Scott's bedroom to pack clothes. I decided to visit the resort I went for the summer in 1993. I packed simple clothing not wanting to party every night and go out for fancy outings with myself.
As soon as I packed my things I headed straight for Harry's room, no he wasn't coming with me, I think there was this thought in the back of my head I would see Harry there, but my heart knew that wasn't going to happen, I stayed with my mind though, just in case.

I didn't want to leave Harry with Scott afraid he would hurt him more than he has, I planned on taking him to my parents place considering they love him with all their hearts. I quickly scribbled a stupid excuse on a piece of paper why I and Harry where going somewhere for my work and not to worry I was going to be back soon. Bullshit. I never wanted to come back, but knowing Scott I would've back pretty soon, all I wanted was to at least spend a day there remembering my teenage years, young love is truly a drug.

I packed all of Harry's important things and explained to him why he had to stay at he grandparents place, luckily he loved them as much but there was still confusing writing all over his face but I had no time to explain, because Scott could be home any moment since how unpredictable he was.

I headed straight for my wallet and keys picking up all our bags and dragging Harry out the door, seating him in the backseat chair.

Off too see what's changed and to prove what happened in summer 1993 wasn't all just a dream.

---------

Sorry this wasn't proof read
Hope you're still enjoying it still :)

-Chelsea x