20

I was driving down the highway, my head pounding and spinning. Today has been one of the worst days of my life, I maybe exaggerating that but it definitely feels like it.

I didn't know where I was heading, to the hospital? Down where the accident happened because I have no idea where that happened. For all I know he could've driven out of state.

I picked up my phone finding Harry's contact and clicking on call, I was full of nerves, my hands shaking against the wheel as I drove cautiously through an 80 zone.

"Hey baby, what's up, are you okay?" He hurried into the phone, obviously worried.
"Yeah I'm good, I just don't know where I'm going. Are you at the accident scene?"
"Oh, I'm at the hospital."
I furrowed my eyebrows as my stomach turned. Did he hurt himself?
"Are you okay? What happened?" I panic.
"Haha I'm all good, no need to worry, but the other guy isn't. He was hurried into emergency, I think they said something about him immediately going into unconsciousness because of the impact, hopefully he'll be alright." I could hear his concern through the phone, he had nothing to worry about but I guess that's him.

Caring and careful soul, I would never know how he could do it, stay so humble.

"Yeah, well at least you're okay. Do you know what hospital you're at?"
"Mmm no, all I know it's the local one cuz the crash happened when I was driving to your parents house," he mumbled into the phone.

I sighed in relief and smiled too myself, even though I expected him to come over through the week, I didn't expect today, so that would've been a lovely surprise, especially for my parents and Harry jr, since I haven't told him why I left or why I'm always leaving or not around.

It's making me feel guilty not being around for him at the moment but I need to be selfless right now since I was in captive of a man that never let me do things for myself and abused me. I needed this, but obviously my mother instincts are telling me too care more for Harry jr.

As I was having a battle with my thoughts, I realised I ended up parking my car right outside our local hospital. I hurried out and locked my car before jogging towards the entrance, getting hit with the horrid smell of the hospital that stunk of hand sanitiser and cleansing products. I passed people looking at me with either panic or disgust in their faces, most people scolded me as I ran passed them, trying so hard to ignore all the judgy stares.

I walked up to the front desk. "What room is Harry Styles in?" I ask in a slight rush, not caring for any details. Darting my eyes around, in curiosity. "Yes, first sign this and you can go through," the receptionist asks politely.
I quickly grab the sheet and pen, hurriedly scribbling in my details.

All I want to do is see Harry, I really ha this whole process. I just want to know is he's okay and the other guy that was in the accident is okay.

I quickly shove the sheet of paper with my details on it to the receptionist with a petite size, she lightly grabbed the paper, gazing over the paper and handing me a sticker, "He's in Ward 4, room 17," I nodded saying a quick thank you trying to lock sympathetic but probably failing. I took the sticker that read, VISITOR, in nice big bold letters, drawing more attention to myself than I needed at this point, great!

I stuck it too my chest and turned quickly, I knew my way around this place like it was the back of my hand. I darted through the door and right heading for the elevator.

I basically ran to Harry's room, I knew he wasn't dead but god how guilty I felt for actually making him stay at the motel and I guess that was my first instinct that kicked in. All the doctors tried to call out for me too slow down or stop running but I didn't listen, only causing me to pick up my pace.

I ended up in front of room 17 ward 4, out of breath and gasping, I grabbed my stomach, suddenly feeling a knot start to form in my lower abdomen. I huffed out a large sigh, pushing the door open slowly, I peaked inside and slide myself in, turning to face the man I was falling more and more in love with everyday, sitting on the bed reading a book, I couldn't tell what one since standing 3 metres away from him doesn't do my eyesight any good.

He peaked his head up at me, a small smile tugging at his lips, making his dimples pop out. God how I missed him and those cute dimples.
I felt my cheeks go red as I quickly moved to the side of his bed, falling into his arms, breathing out in relief.

"I missed you so much, so glad you're okay."
"It's only been 24 hours, and I'm fine, of course," letting out a light chuckle, grabbing my waist and listing me up in the bed to sit beside him.

I smiled up at him, looking over his features, everything about him still took my breath away. He looked like he was sculpted by the gods and had a personality of an angel, at least a goofy angel.

"Look on the positive side though, I got out of the crappy motel." "And in hospital? I'm sure it's much better here because being in a crash is better," I laughed at his remark, making him letting out a deep chuckle.

Suddenly we were cut off by the doctor walking in and nodding to me, acknowledging my presence.

I looked back and forth between Harry and the doctor, finally remembering why he's in here again.
"Is the other guy okay, do we know who it is?" I blurt out, not caring for a simple hello, I had too many questions running through my mind and I needed them answered before I start to panic.

"Well hello to you," the doctor chuckled, looking at me realising I had no time to waste he brushed it off and looked at his clip board.

"Well, the other guys had pretty bad injuries and we feel like he isn't gonna make it, he's got a broken rib, neck and arms, he was knocked unconscious instantly at the impact and is barely breathing, we actually have multiple doctors in surgery trying to help at the moment," he sighed, clearly distraught.

My eyes widened at worry and guilt swept over me, I know it wasn't my fault but hell, it felt like I caused it.
"Do you know who he was?" I asked in curiously.

"He's name is Scott."

-------------

Would ya look at that!
Stuff is gonna go down and I actually might finally do Harry's POV in the next few chapters!

Trying to update more, hopefully you all enjoyed it and vote....ig

-Chelsea x