3

I were hectic and ecstatic, I was surprised we made it to my parents on time and safely. I unstrapped him from his seat and walked him to the door, I knocked not expecting a response so soon. My mum greeted me with a bear hug.
"My baby Janina and little Harry! You've gotten so big, what's mum been feeding you!" My mum was always chirpy and happy when Harry was around, he really brought out the child in her.
"Waffles!" He smiled at his grandma.

I sighed and shook my head smirking through my state.
"I'm heading off for about a week, I've packed all his things in the bag and make sure he gets waffles most mornings unless he'll get cranky," I warned.
"Honey, where are you off too?" My mum asked curious and a slight confusion written on her face.

"Back to Italy, to the resort we stayed at that summer in 1993," I whispered not wanting her too hear me because I knew how she felt.
"Oh baby, you need to let that place and HIM go, it was 16 years ago!" She sighed.
"I know but Scott makes me feel miserable and that time was my most cherished and I've dreamt about those days every night after we left, I can't let it go mum, I need to visit there again."

"Well I wish you good luck on your travels and I'll make sure Scott doesn't find you or Harry here. Just don't expect Harry to be there, ok?" She warmed. I nodded firmly and turned to get on my way to the airport.

"Just be safe. Harry is in good hands," she smiled sadly.

"I know and yeah I know." I smiled bravely and slipped into my car.

I sighed, it was a hard decision doing this, leaving Harry felt wrong because I'm always around him and caring him, I'll miss him for the next week but I know he's in good hands.

I started my car and backed out of the drive way, I sped away so I had no regret or guilty conscious.
My mum was the only one who knew about Harry and I, she and dad never approved because I wasn't allowed to date so young, he was truly the love of my life and still to this day I have that thought tucked away at the back of mind and I refused for my mum and dad to crush that thought and gladly in never happened, I guess that's what happens when you're in love with someone who truly cares and adores you.

I arrived at the airport on time, checking myself in and carrying my bags to board my flight, I sat calmly in the plane waiting for it to take off, I took out my headphones to listen to my music and zone out. Thinking about what I was about to get into I was scared, nervous and still a little excited, i hated that feeling though, zoning out to music was the best for me especially when there was crying babies all around me.

I didn't realise I fell asleep when I woke up from the speakers in the plane saying we're about to land, I was shaking and these feelings just came one, I felt stuck and senseless but as soon as we landed I had no other choice.

I walked off, and out the entrance of the airport as quick as possible, not only did I want to see the old resort but also because I hated airports, the vibe and noise just put me right off and I despised it.

I stood there, outside in the sun, it was around 12pm and the sun was shining. I crinkled my nose at the smell of all these car fumes.
I sat down at the nearest bench and started dialling a cab.
Pretty quickly the cab pulled up beside me and I hoped in placing my bags in the boot.
I told him that I was heading off to, di sogni e commensali, luckily he knew English.

When I finally arrived to the resort, I said a thankful goodbye to the driver handing him $20. He zoomed off, probability heading to pick up someone else.

I turned around facing the entrance, even the entrance brought back so many sweet memories, I walked slowly up to the entrance doors and slowly to reception, everything looked the same, nothing changed. I smiled to myself.

The lady at the desk looked lovely and asked what room I was after, surprised she spoke English, I guess I look like I'm from America that much then.

I put in my details and asked for a single room, she nodded and wrote some things down and handed me the keys, wishing me a swell night.

I smiled. Turning to check the time, the clock read 7:34pm, I squinted a little confused but shrugged and figured I'd just settle in and go to sleep. Walking down the halls of the resort reminded me of when Harry and I ran down them knocking on all the doors, laughing and giggling. Him frequently grabbing me and kissing me on the lips, catching me off guard. I would smirk into the kiss, and quickly easing into it, we kissed like we knew how each other worked, we synced so well and nothing was ever that easy.
I snapped my self out of thoughts arriving right outside my door.

My room was cute and neat, it was smelling of wine and flowers which relaxed me, making me even more tired. The room looked so similar to the one I stayed in, in 1993. Yet so different, it felt so right and so wrong that it made my head spin.

I set my things down on the floor at the edge of my new bed and laid down not caring that I still had my bra on.

I know sleeping is all I've been doing these past two days but my thoughts have been so wild that it's physically and mentally draining me.

I laid back and pulled the sheets over me, instantly falling to sleep on the soft, patterned sheets.

----------

I'm sorry this was so long.

Hope you guys are enjoying
the book as much as I have been
writing it!

-Chelsea x