Double Trouble x Reader

[ from @user42817407 ]

"What to wear, what to wear, what to wear..ugh."

They paced back and forth, almost nervous. It was a weird day for sure. "I could just—no. No, I can't. What if they—"

They took a deep breath. A knock was heard.

"Double Trouble, what..what are you doing?"

"You're just the girl I wanted to see! Yes!"

They pulled her in and shut the door.

<><>

You however, were already at the designated spot, waiting. It was a nice private spot in a huge green landscape, with flowers of every species and color. The sky was setting and so were your hopes about your date showing up.

<><>

"DT, I'm gonna be frank with you. Stop transforming for a second."

DT stopped, turning back into their original form with a hint of surprise. "Scorpia, darling, I don't think what you're going to say is going to help. I need to look presentable!"

"That's what I'm saying! You don't need to be presentable in another form! Just. Listen to me."

<><>

It was nighttime. Four hours late, you thought, this has never happened before. Could they just be preoccupied? No, we had a deal. This..isn't fair.

You crumbled up a piece of paper in your hands and felt a rush of sadness. It's not fair.

<><>

"No matter what, you know, people are gonna judge you. People judge me all the time! But remember, out there in the world are the lucky few who don't. I know (Y/N), and because of that I know they want the real you, not another show. You know?"

"I..guess that makes sense," DT said unconfidently. They checked the time and paled. "Oh no. Oh no, no, no! I have to go, crap I still look ugly!"

They ran out of the room. "Go get 'em tiger! Erm, lizard."

<><>

"Are you kidding me..?"

A shadow of a person in the distance caught you off guard. You frowned deeply and looked away as they came closer.

"(N/N), look, I'm-"

"Don't even! Don't!" You snapped. They paused. "I waited here for you for so long.." the tears started to come. They hated seeing you cry. "Why didn't you come?! Were you too busy playing dress up to come see me??"

"Just let me explain, you can be as mad as you want."

You went silent. DT walked over to your shaking frame and held onto your shoulders, looking down at you. "Obviously, you know my background. What I do, my job and such. I'm not..ugh, this is ridiculous....I'm not used to people liking me. I mean, me me. And I was, truthfully, anxious of how you'd react to me coming as myself."

You finally looked back into their golden yellow eyes. "But..you know that I like you you, not the you you put on for other people. I like, well," you paused, sniffling and smiling slightly. You moved and held onto their hands. "I like how suave you are, and I like how you dress. I like that you care about people, even if it doesn't seem like it. I like that you care about people's opinions about you. I like you."

"Like like?" DT asked with a hint of a smirk and an eyebrow ridge. "Like like." You replied. "I'm still mad that you missed the sunset though."

"Hah, Yes, I'm sorry..I mean I can make it up to you~." They offered. You rolled your eyes with a snort. "How so?"

"You know exactly what I mean, (Y/N)."

"Wow, how sweet of you..~"

You laughed as they hugged around your waist and placed lips against yours. You closed your eyes in bliss and took it in, one second after second until finally they let go.

"Was that what you wanted~?" They asked.

"DT, you know I wanted it, but did you?" You scolded. "Darling, all I need is you."

"Charmer."

"It's what I do~."

The two of you kissed again, happy and honest and all.