Catra x Horde!Reader

[ from @Zerobladegun ]

Running, running, running. It's over. Your life is over. You needed her. You did. You needed her. Limping. Limping, sorry, yes you were, so sorry, limping. Scatterbrained. You needed her. You did. Running, running, running. It's over. Your life is over. You needed her. You did. You needed her. Limping. Limping, sorry, yes you were, so sorry, limping. Scatterbrained. You needed her. You did.

It was an empty battlefield that day and you were hurt, cut thigh and bleeding face. Your head, split, thoughts, split. But you needed her. You did.

You called out, hopeless. Scared. Her name. Because you needed her. Yes you needed her.

Some soldiers came. Blurry. Was she there? Was she there? You needed her. You did. You did, you needed her. It's blurry. Black, white, black, white. Black, white, black, white. Black, white, black, white. Black, white, black, white. Black, white, black, white. Black, white, black, white. Black, white, black, white. Black, white, black, white. Black.

You woke up. It was dark, as always. Scrambled, you tried leaning up but a force pushed you down. "Don't."

"You came.." you cheered, slurring your words. "What do you remember?"

"They-they found out I was seeing you.." you trailed off. The pain finally set in. The situation. Tears started to form.

"Catra I'm so sorry.." you wailed, covering your face. She sat on the cot next to your shaky form, speechless. "I'm sorry, I should've came sooner, she-she didn't even..care.."

"Shut up, stop talking," Catra ordered. She leaned over and uncovered your face. You were a wet baby. "Ew, you look all gross.."

You felt around and immediately spotted the bandage wrapped around your head and other parts of your body. "I didn't know they would.."

"Who did it?"

"What?"

"Who hurt you?" Catra bit her tongue. She didn't wanna get angry just yet. "Oh, uhm..it's fuzzy, but-but I know the guards did most of it.."

Catra started to stroke your head, unintentionally. "Did Adora touch you? I swear I'll-"

"Adora..she kicked me out. She didn't want to use me as a spy.."

"A spy?"

"They-they were gonna use me to get personal information but.." you started to cry again, "Adora was just..she made me leave. I don't remember.." you choked on a sob and turned away from the feline you felt things for.

"Hey, shh, it's ok.." Catra's expression softened. She kneeled to your face and stroked it tenderly. "Everything is ok now. I'm here."

"B-But—"

"No, no buts," she ordered in a soft tone. "You're safe."

"I should've believed you," You whined, sniffling. "You told me they were bad and I didn't listen."

"They can fool anybody, it's ok," Catra jumped onto the bed and helped you sit up, holding onto your back and neck. "Adora was fooled. She's..you know. But you got out.."

"I just wish I knew.." you sniffled again. The feline smiled at you, genuinely. "It doesn't matter. We're together again, that's what matters."

She nuzzled up into your face almost hungrily. You leaned into it and heard the purrs, smiling yourself. "I'm so tired."

"I mean, you just woke up after you collapsed in front of some troops. I can't believe they would do that to you.."

She let go of you and looked away, still seething. "It's ok Catra, I'm ok now that I'm with you."

"Yeah..yeah. Yeah, you're ok. It's fine." She held your hands and you leaned in, kissing her nose. "Do we still have to be a secret?" You asked. "Not unless you want to be." She replied. "Then I'm fine with it not being a secret anymore. You think Scorpia will be ok with it?"

Catra giggled. "Who cares?"

She kissed you, awaiting for you to reciprocate and you did, smiling against her slick lips and and closing your eyes. She wrapped her hands around your face and stroked your cheek with her thumb.

Yes. You needed her.