Scorpia x Ace!Reader (fluff)

[ from @tsundoku-- ]

Human AU, where Scorpia has scars on her hands and is very tall. And you're ace. Credit to joke: 221turtlesinthetardis on tumblr
———

It was an average day. Life was going swell; you and your girlfriend were going to the coffee shop for a nice day out. It was fine up until the line.

You pouted. "Ugh, why? All I want is a brownie!" You whined. She laughed and patted your head.
"(N/N), it's only five minutes. I'll have more time to annoy you that way~."

"Scorpia I will fight you!" You slapped her shoulder and giggled.

"Next," the barista yelled. You two went up to the counter and looked up at your choices. "I want a chocolate brownie with a whipped espresso," you ordered confidently. "You love chocolate so much, why don't you just marry it??" Scorpia teased. "Nah, I'm taken," you flirted.

The barista looked at you two and smiled, writing down the order. "And for you?" They signaled to Scorpia. "Oh, uh, ok, can I have uh..just a plain coffee??" She laughed and little and you did too.

"Ok, what's the name for the order?" The barista asked. "Uh—no no, you do it," you said. "No you do it!" Scorpia argued. She shoved your face away and you laughed even harder. "Fine fine, let's use my name. (Y/N), please," you asked.

"Ok, your order is set, we'll call out when it's ready."

You two said thank you and walked over to a table, sitting down and starting to talk. "Ok, so I have another." Scorpia said.

"Oh god no, Scorp I'll die if you say another joke to mock me," you replied with a half-hearted sigh. "Hear me out—Five asexuals are playing cards.
One starts to explain the rules: I'd say no cheating, but there are already five aces at the table."

You start to laugh, covering your mouth and people start to stare. "That—That wasn't supposed to be funny!" Scorpia started to laugh. "Right see?? I told you! I'm a comedian!"

"You're a doof, that's what you are," you chuckled and high-fived your girlfriend.

"Espresso and coffee for (Y/N)!" A barista yelled. "Brb," you said and got up to get the coffee.

Scorpia watched you go up and get the coffees. How lucky could she get? The lotto was broken, she had concluded, because to her you were the world.

You came back and gave her her coffee, sipping hard on your straw. "Babe, you gotta save the turtles."

"The turtles can suck my ass, this espresso is delicious!" You retorted.

"They can't suck anything with a straw stuck in their mouth (Y/N)!" Scorpia returned. She looked down at her hands for a second and closed them around her coffee cup. Squeezing just a touch she picked up and cup and stared at it with a deep thought.

"Scorpia?"

"Huh what? What did I do?"

You gave her a look. "Nothing, you ok though?"
She smiled. "Never better, why?"

You smiled. "I love you, Scorpia."

"I love you too. Romantically, not sexually of course."

"Get out of my face!" You laughed and you both got up; she bent down and kissed your face as you both exited the coffee shop.