DT x CrimsonWaste!Reader

The Crimson Waste was full of desolate areas. Empty bars, ruins stolen to the brim. Loads of scary people.

But you weren't one of them.

You, somehow, were born in this terrible place and have never seemed to fit in. No one cared for weak people, right?

So now you were alone. Well, until one faithful day..

You were walking through the market of the Valley of the lost for even a crumb of good food when a lizard-like creature cut you off quickly. "Hey!" You yelled. The creature turned around to your petite size and looked you up and down. Sizing you up. I'm not worth the trouble, you thought.

"Excuse me," they said in a promiscuous manner. Your cheeks flared. "Is that some spare change in your pants or are you just happy to see me~?"

"I-I," you couldn't think of anything to say. They slipped to a thin piece of paper. "See you around, dollface~."

That was a couple weeks ago.

Now you were almost certain this person was the one to help you get out of this dump of a home. They were..friendly? Not the word. Nice? Never. Maybe..they took pity. Of course. But still!

That little kid, they thought one day. Honestly, why would a child like that be around here? It's disgusting. They pulled their boot off another victim and was slipped some cash before leaving the premises.

"Ouch! Hey, can you nooo...t?"

You slipped on your words. It was them! Why?? What??

"You—"

"Look at you, darling, following me around like a lost sheep. You must love my shows~."

"P-Possible," You squeaked. The only thing you knew about them was hay they were a mercenary, and a shapeshifter. How cool is that?!

"So what? You need my services or..?"

"No! I mean, no, I just," you couldn't form the right words. "I-I just..I want to stay with you."

"..What?"

"You're the only person here that didn't try and steal from me! You can get me out of here can't you??"

They blinked and cocked their head. "Possibly. I heard the Horde is coming around soon~."

"Can you take me?!" You asked excitedly. The sparkles in your eyes made the lizard person look away quickly and cough into their hand. "With a fee, perhaps."

"Please! I'll pay anything! Money, uh, food, supplies, anything!"

"Anything..?"

Suddenly they had a large evil smirk on their face. "Well, then, doll face, you're in luck~."

They took your hand and guided you along. "You can call me Double Trouble~. And you?"

You shook your head in disbelief. "(Y-Y/N), yeah."

"Well I don't really like that name, it's too bland. I'll call you doll face~. Deal?"

"Y..Yeah." You couldn't hide the red on your face. They were hot. And not just from the burning sunlight.

"Then it's settled, you're my new partner~. Let's go, doll face~." They stopped suddenly and held your hand in theirs, kissing it slow and charmingly. "Wh-What're you..?"

"Darling, this is going to be so much fun~."

You gulped. Now you were scared, but at least it was a way out of here.