Chapter 2

Chapter 2

We ate are food and talked about school. When we were done we finished shopping and I drove them home. I texted my mom and asked if I could go over to Cameron’s and she texted back saying that was fine but I had to be home by eleven. A couple minutes later I knocked on Cameron’s door and his mom answered.

“Come on in.” She told me, then walked to the stairs and called up. “Cameron, Spencer’s here.” She walked into the kitchen and Cameron came down the stairs.

“Hey what’s up?” He asked then kissed me.

“I thought I would come over and hang out since we only saw each other at school.” He led me upstairs and we sat on his bed.

“What did you and your friends do?” he asked and I knew Ashley had told him. I knew she had told him before I even knocked on the door.

“They’re your friends too.” I told him, but continued without letting him say anything. “We went shopping and to lunch at the bar on Main street.”

“Anything else happen?”

“Did Ashley talk to you?”

“Yeah, she texted me about some college guy hitting on you.”

“Nothing happened.” I told him calmly. But Ashley already told him a bunch of lies, so he won’t believe me no matter what I say.

“I know why would I need to be jealous?”

“I thought that Ashley would exaggerate what happened?” I asked but I already knew she did.

“What did happen?” he asked trying to be nonchalant.

“We followed him.” I told him coolly.

“Really, you stalked a guy?”

“What? It was fun try it sometime, just not with me. You know I would kill you if you followed me.”

“Who am I going to follow then?” He said then kissed me, when he pulled away he asked. “What else happened?”

“He saw us following him and gave us tips on how to do it better next time.”

“Really, he wasn’t upset?” he asked amazed.

“No, then he took the jacket I was pretending to look at put it back and gave me this one and told me it would look better on me.”

“You bought the jacket he recommended.”

“Do you have a problem with that?” I asked.

“Yeah.”

“Why, it’s not like I’m going to see him again.”

“Okay, fine.” He said then changed the subject. “What else did you do today?”

“Nothing, really just hung out.”

“Really, so nothing happened at lunch?” He asked, I don’t know what Ashley told him but he’s acting like a jerk.

“If you’re going to act like that, I’ll just leave.” I got up but he grabbed my wrist.

“Wait, I’m sorry. Ashley said some things and they made me jealous.”

“Don’t you trust me to tell you what happened?” I said still standing; I was too upset to sit.

“Yeah, I do.”

“Then why would you listen to her?” my voice was rising.

“I don’t know, when she told me I had to listen.”