Chapter 7

“Hey Spencer, where’s your boyfriend?” Lilly asked.

“Is that her?” Charlie asked me.

“Yes.” I told them then got up and walked over to Lilly. “I don’t have a boyfriend. What the hell are you doing here anyway?”

“I came to watch you, since I know where he is and Matt didn’t want you mess anything up.”

“Okay, why should I care, I just came here with my friends for some coffee.”

“Well I’m your own personal stalker.”

“Let’s go.” I told my friends and we went to my car, when we were all in and the doors were locked I spoke again. “I need you to distract her so I can go find someone.” I whispered I didn’t know how well she could hear.

“Who are you going to find?” Ashby asked me and looked worried.

“I can’t say I don’t know if they’re going to help.”

“How are we supposed to distract her?” Gale asked.

“Think of something.” I put the car into drive and went to my house; the red car showed up behind me. We went inside and no one was home Lexy still had school so I don’t have to worry about her until after five because she always goes to a friend’s house until my mom picks her up. Lilly followed us inside and I went upstairs, I told them I had some chores to do before we could hang out. Lilly stayed downstairs to watch them, when I got upstairs I opened my bedroom window and stepped onto the roof. When I got to the end I lowered myself down as far as I could then dropped. I landed on my feet and twisted my ankle. I started walking toward the vampires’ house; I kind of knew where I was going. I got to their house about an hour later; I walked up to the old house and right in. I can’t die so what should be afraid of.  

I walked inside and there was no one in the living room, I walked to the kitchen and no one was their either. Maybe I should have brought a stake.

“Really, you come back to the vampires house.” I turned around to see Keegan.

“Well if Lilly wasn’t stalking me I wouldn’t have to come back.”

“Why is she stalking you?”

“Something about Matt not wanting me too mess things up.” I told him and he moved so he was at the bottom of the stairs.

“Matt, what the hell did you do this time?” Keegan yelled up the stairs. I heard footsteps then saw Matt coming down the stairs.

“I didn’t do anything.” He said smiling.

“Then why is Lilly at my house trying to make sure I don’t leave.”

“No, she’s right there.” He pointed behind me and I spun around to see Lilly coming in the front door.

“Did you kill my friends when you figured out I jumped out of a window?” I asked walking toward her.

“They’re not dead, just unconscious and they’re in the car.” I pushed past her and headed to the front door.

“Why are her friends unconscious and in a car?” Keegan asked.

“It’s part of the plan.”

“What plan?”

“To get her and Travis to join us.” I stopped at the doorway and turned to face them.

“Why do you want me?” I asked partly confused and partly curious, why would they want me so far I’ve only seen vampires here. Why would they want a sixteen year, who would just break the pattern they have going?