Chapter I : The painting.

___________________________________

There is this beautiful painting.
I discovered it in a kind-of-historical book a few weeks ago.
I could describe it eyes closed and so- without any mistake.
Why ?
It's pretty simple. Recently I found myself staring at it a few hours per days since I found the book.
I can't read a word of this big and old book, then I can only do that. Looking at this mesmerizing mystery.

It's a big book with a beautiful vermilion's cover. A pentacle or something drawn on it. I guess it's like a grimoire or something.
So, I searched for days anything that could give me any information about this painting or even the grimoire on the net. Sadly, I didn't found anything. It's almost like this book does not exist at all. As if I am holding something from another world.

...
To be honest, I'm so obsessed about it that I barely slept recently.
Some of my friends seems worried about me because of the dark rings under my eyes. Well, it's not surprising since I haven't tell to anyone about this grimoire.
Why so ?
That's because of what is on the painting.
And what is on this painting ? The answer is simple again :
There is a man, looking like a barbarian king from old ages. Maybe it is and he lived a lot of centuries ago. I don't know.
But something caught even more my attention on this painting. Something that caught my eyes from the beginning.

...
-...ku.
-...EKU.
-DEKU. OI.
Suddenly, I come back to my shoes and face Kacchan, angry at me for who-knows-the-reason-of-the-day.
I give him a puzzled look, blinking my eyes a few times.
-What is it Kacchan... ?
-Hah ? What's your problem shitty nerd ? I call after you a few times already. Give me your copy.
-H-heh... ? My wha-
Looking around, I realise that we are still in class, and Kacchan is waiting after me to give him my copy.
-O-oh sorry... here.
-Tch.
He angrily takes my copy and follow his way.
I let out a little sigh. I should be more attentive. I won't improve like that. I need to do my best to became a hero. All Might will be mad at me if I don't recover my best soon.
I breathe in and slap my face a little.
Stop dreaming Izuku ! You need to focus ! F-O-C-U-S !!

In the evening, in my room,
After my shower, I sit down my chair and open again the old book to the page of the painting.
The reason why I can't look away of this painting is because the man on it really looks like...Kacchan.
The golden hair, pointy nose, the mouth and the jaw... But mostly.... the eyes.
On the painting, I can see those incredibly beautiful vermilion eyes.
No need to lie, I want to believe that they are related from a way or another.
I still don't know why.
But it's like Kacchan has been incredible since...forever. I can't look away from how strong and inspiring he is.
My hand slowly touch the paper, as if I am stroking the face of this "Kacchan".
I know that all of this just seems to be crazy. And that's why I can't tell anybody about all of that.

That night, I felt asleep at my desk, the book opened in front of me.
I feel like I had a strange dream where I was in a really big museum -or something like that, I'm not really sure-, and they were this pretty and very big painting of Kacchan.
The same as the one in the book. But something were a little different. The colours where way more vivid. The eyes, the vermilion in it. It was blinding.
My heart was beating so fast while I was watching it. It took me breathless.
I remember staying here for a while, analyzing every single detail until I heard a voice calling after me.
Turning around, I met the real Kacchan. The one from the painting. I almost choked. But then, while he approached me, talking -even if as the moment I don't remember what he was saying-.
But I remember the gentle smile who passed on his face and a sentence that I didn't heard at all. It was something special, maybe like a promise... I'm not sure.

Then I woke-up. All of sudden, my face resting against my arms. I feel the cold of the night on my skin. Breathing randomly, I blink my eyes a few times, only able to feel and hear my heart going crazy. I whisper :
-What was that... ?
I try to recover my breath and stand up from my chair.
It's really early. Not even 5 a.m. My neck hurts.
Really lost because of this dream I keep having from nights, where each time a new thing is added, I just let out a big sight and decide to leave the dorms to go running until the morning. With some strange feelings in the stomach.

Later that day,
We are training outside with Aizawa-sensei. Everything is normal -as much as possible for Yuei- at least. But I keep having this weird feeling growing inside me. I hope it's just because I'm in lack of sleep. Or... because I decided while I was running that I will talk to Kacchan about that book. Hm. It's possible that it's because of that. I still need to tell Kacchan that I need to talk with him.
I look after Kacchan and see him training with Eijirou-kun and Kyouka-san.
I start to walk in his direction when a weird and brilliant light fall to the ground in an immense sound. All of us turn to look at Kaminari-kun, but he just put his hands in the sky claiming that it's not him.
Then, not that far away in the little wood, we hear some noises.
All of us start to approach the area until Aizawa-sensei stops us.
-No moves. Prepare yourself.
So do we.
A body get out suddenly from the bushes and I almost die of surprise. In front of us, the Kacchan from the book, looking around in his kind-of-barbarian's clothes. He seems as much worried as angry. Clenching his fists, he finally spots us and stops for a second.
My heart misses a beat.
Our eyes meet, and he starts to walk faster in our direction, angry. He raises his voice.
- By god's name, where were you this whole time Izuku ?!!
- H-heh ?
He talks to me ?? My feet goes backwards, as some reflex.
- It's been months I search after you damn it !
Approaching me, this Kacchan grabs my face with his warm hands and makes me look up. I look at this man, a little more tall than the current Kacchan, with a puzzled look.
And, all of sudden, the expression of this Kacchan softens before erasing the last centimeters between us to puts his lips on mine. Paralyzed. I just stop breathing.
Feeling those warm and soft lips pressing against mine.
...
Wait- WHA- ?!!
I just don't understand. Is that a dream or something?!!
When he puts an end to this k-kiss.. he looks at me with some worries.
- Seriously, Izuku. Where were you ? I was so worried. Looking after you for months. What are you doing here ? And... haven't you shrank a little... ? What are those clothes.. ? Don't you like the ones I gave you ??
- I- I-..Y-you... Wh-... ?
- Who are you ??
Suddenly Uraraka-san asks the man, while I'm taking away from Kacchan by Iida-kun and Kaminari-kun.
- Hah ? YOU who are you ? Are you the kidnappers of Izuku ? I'll beat you to death if so. What happened to him ? What did you do to him ?
- What ? We are Deku-kun's friends !! You rude-... man...?
- Give me more respect. I'm not a simple man. I'm a King. The Great King Katsuki.
- Katsu-...
Everyone suddenly turn to look at Kacchan who seems to be completely broken and lost. I look again at Kacchan who seems suddenly ... even more angy. He approaches Kacchan who don't make any moves.
- WHO are you. Why do we look alike ? Is that some mischievous plan to take away from me my future husband ?
- Future hu-
Kacchan almost choked. And so do I.
- Hah ? What the fuck does that even mean ? How could you be the fiancé of Deku ??
- K-Kacchan...
I try to interrupt but both of them look at me.
- Yes ? / Hah ?!
They answered at the same time. R-really... ? What all of this even means ????

___________________________________
Okay so hm... I totally write this story for fun, I was inspired like two or three days ago and just start to write it. It will be totally a romcom between the only and unique WONDER DUO ! At least... I hope it will be comedy lmao. :'D
I'll just post randomly for this fic when I feel it, leave a comment if you liked it !! ♥

Also, if you see some mistake in my grammar and all, please tell me uwu)♥

Next time on Criss-crossing, Part I - Vermilion, chapter II : Great King Katsuki