Story 18

Here you go cashman15111 another Kony story! It might take a while to get into the Kony part though.

Kat's P.O.V.

I was jogging round a circuit that went through the nearby forest. I didn't really have a reason to be jogging but I just was. It was sort of relaxing and calming. I hand some earphones in and was listening to some music. 

This circuit wasn't to popular since it became over grown at some points but I had been on this track so many times I could run it with my eyes closed. Well, not really but I didn't have a fear of running this track.

It was almost dusk but I didn't have any intentions of stopping. I even remembered to bring a flashlight this time. 

I'd been running a lot recently, it just gives me something to do and a way to clear me mind, which has been really full recently.

A lots been going on in my life.

Tina and Tony have gone missing and no new traces have been found.

Lizzy, Cookie and I got into a fight and neither of them are talking to me even though I've tried to apologise for what I said. 

Then my dad died from cancer, leaving me with my mum and older brother. It's not a good place to be so normally I try to stay out.

I haven't really talked to anyone about this, I have no one to anyway.

I just want Tina and Tony to come back, they always seemed to make everything better.

I kept running, I hadn't realised but I had been running faster. Up ahead was the most overgrown part of the track. It had two trees with roots that grew out of the ground. Everyday I always tried to jump up onto the roots and grab onto a branch that came from a following tree and I would swing over some more roots, landing safety back on the path.

I haven't been able to make it, I'd always come a couple of centimetres from grabbing the branch and I'd crash into the roots. Then I'd have to walk for a bit.

I picked up speed and prepared for this. It was getting closer and closer. Then it was time.

I jumped up onto the roots that were about half of my height landed with one foot and pushed off, reaching my hands forwards. I felt the branch on my fingertips but didn't have the height to grab it. 

My body fell towards the ground. My foot hit the ground but then the ground gave way and I plummeted to the ground, almost face first. 

My whole body hit the whole ground hard and I could feel my body struggling to stay conscious.

I looked up at the sky. Someone had set a trap. 

My vision was blurry but at the top I could see two figures. 

They looked like tigers but also human. I heard one of them call something out but I was to dizzy to understand.

My eyelids felt heavy and I finally let the pain pull me into unconsciousness.

...

I felt arms wrap around me and lift me off the ground.

...

I felt my body being carried through the forest

...

I felt soft grass underneath me as someone or something laid me down.

...

I felt the warmth of a blanket wrap around me.

...

I slowly opened my eyes. I was still in pain but it didn't hurt as much, I also didn't feel as dizzy.

In front of me was a little camp site surrounded by thick forest.

"I'm going out hunting, you keep watch on Kat," a female voice commanded from behind me at someone. I heard a mumble for a reply then footsteps walking away.

I was extremely scared! How did they know my name! What did they want with me! What would happen if they found out I was awake!

I couldn't move, I was too scared to. I closed my eyes shut.

I heard footsteps walk over to me and sit down behind my head. 

"I know your awake Kat, don't worry, we're not going to hurt you," a guys voice said calmly.

"H-H-How did you k-know I was a-awake?" I asked quietly, still to afraid to face the person.

"Your tail moved and you were shaking," he replied. 

"W-What are you going to do with me?" I asked, afraid of his answer.

"Nothing, we just wanted to make sure you were okay, it was a pretty big fall after all," he replied. I could feel him looking at me. I was still afraid, how could I trust him.

I heard him get up and sit down in front of me. I couldn't help but shake from fear.

"Kat, it's okay, please just look at me, I'm not going to hurt you," he said.

I slowly opened my eyes as I didn't want to know what would happen if I didn't follow instructions. 

In front of me sat a boy with tiger ears and tail. Sharp tiger like teeth. Dark orange hair that was super thick. Emerald green eyes. He wore blue denim shorts and a tiger stripped hoody.

"T-Tony!" I half yelled in shock as I sat up suddenly. I then regretted sitting up that fast. My whole body was in pain and I winced. 

"K-Kat, be careful, please, I'll explain everything," Tony replied as he moved closer too me and gave me a hug. "You don't know how much I missed you, Kit Kat." 

I felt my cheeks burn and I hugged him back, I couldn't hold back the tears. "I-I missed you-you t-too."

We stayed hugging each other for a while, I don't think we would have moved if it wasn't my tummy rumbling.

"H-Here, lets go into the tent and see what we could eat," Tony said as he stood up and took my hand, walking me to the tent.

He gave me some berries and water but I couldn't eat.

"Is there something wrong with the food?" He asked. 

"N-No, it's just," I stared at the berries for a bit before gaining the courage to look him in the eyes. "W-Why did you leave?" 

He looked away and gave a small sigh, "I guess I'd have to tell you eventually," he said as he looked at the table then turned and looked at me. "Kat, Tina and I are part tiger if you hadn't already guessed and well- at some point in life we go from being cubs to being a tiger. And well, sometimes we can lose all control of our body and hurt people, even people we love. That's why we're out here, so we don't hurt anyone." He then turned back to the table, "We were only meant to be out here for a week though, it's just taking longer."

"I-I understand but why didn't you tell us?" I asked and he looked into my eyes, I could feel my cheeks burn up. 

"I didn't want anyone to worry," Tony replied.

"W-Well that didn't go according to Pl-plan," I felt tears start to well in my eyes.

"K-Kat, what's wrong, what's going on in town," Tony asked as he pulled me into a hug.

"E-Everyone thinks you've b-been kidnapped, e-everyone's so worried," I sobbed. It wasn't the reason I was truly crying though.   

"Is that all?" Tony asked.

I didn't reply, I felt so safe in his arms but I didn't want to ruin the moment with my problems.

I then slowly felt my eyelids get heavy.

"Don't worry Kat, whatever your dealing with I'm going to help you get through it," and with that I fell asleep.

And that was another Kony short story!

Hope you liked it!