Chapter one: Oh shut up!

Chapter one: Oh, shut up! (Faith's POV)

"Okay, put that under the scoreboard, right over there, yup!" 

This is getting exhausting. 

"Honey, could you come over here?!" 

I rolled my eyes. "I'll be right there!" I stepped off the bleachers and put the microphone down. "Have her tilt it to the right," I mumbled to whoever was standing next to me before running off. 

Oh hi, I'm Faith. I'm seventeen and I'm the daughter of the principal here at North Ridge High. Oh also, I'm very clumsy and sarcastic, that's pretty much me in a nutshell. Nowhere near the perfect daughter or student, just a clutz. 

"Yeah?" I asked once I made it to my mom. 

"There's a problem with the placement of the banner," she sighed. 

"Oh?" I said but it came out like a question. "Why? What's wrong?" I asked while looking at it. It seemed fine to me. 

"The placement doesn't suit the team." 

What the hell does that even mean? 

"Why?" I questioned. 

"From what I'm being told, it's difficult for the team players to keep an eye on their score with the banner right there." 

But the coach is right here and he said everything was just fine?

"Who told you this?" I asked even though I already knew the answer. 

"Alex," she answered. 

Alex Ryder. He's the captain of the soccer, lacrosse, and swim team and he's trying out for basketball from what I've heard. He's an arrogant prick in short and shuffles through girls literally every week. What a fucking cliche. 

"And where can I find Alex?" I spat his name. 

"At the top of the bleachers." 

I turned to see him sitting there, his elbows resting on his knees while he waved at me with a smirk. We despise each other. He hates the way I organize everything and never lets it happen and I just hate him in general. From his player ways to the cigarettes and the arrogance. I'm sure you're wondering if he's attractive, yes he is. Very attractive. But that's beside the point because I have a boyfriend. 

I huffed while rolling my eyes before jogging my way back to the bleachers and then to the top. "You have a problem with the banner?" I sighed out loud. 

"You need some water after that intense workout?" he teased while handing me a bottle of water. 

"Cut the crap," I shoved his hand away. "What's the issue with the banner?" I asked. 

He sighed while standing up, towering over me thanks to my short height. "Well, you see, while we play the game, we need to keep an eye on our score as well as the opposing team's and from down there in the field, the banner blocks the view." 

He is such a liar. I specially made sure the scoreboard is visible while playing. 

"It doesn't," I argued. 

"It does," he countered. 

"No, it doesn't. I asked every team player during practice," I explained with pride. 

He chuckled, "Every team player but me." 

I rolled my eyes, "So?" I asked. 

"So, I'm the captain and I call the shots," he smirked.