Chapter forty-seven: The future

Chapter forty-seven: The future (Faith's POV)

"You do know that he was just blabbering on in his sleep, right?" Daniel asked. Currently, he and I were the only ones up and the other two were knocked out. 

"Yeah, but what he said made sense," I replied. 

"It may have made sense but he probably doesn't even know what he's talking about himself. College is far away. We all still have two years of high school to enjoy before that," he said. 

"I never thought school was something I would ever say I liked but thinking about it now..." I trailed off. 

"You gotta admit, it is a little cool to have the principal as your mom, isn't it?" he asked. 

"Honestly, the only reason I ever liked it was because it was a lot easier to find her if I ever needed to see her or needed her help. But yeah, it's very cool," I nodded with a smile. I heard footsteps approaching and we looked up to see Alex walking down the stairs. "Morning," I smiled. 

"Morning," he kissed my cheek before handing me a mug and turning on the kettle. I chuckled and got to making his coffee while him and Daniel talked about soccer. I think they talked about soccer. 

Hayley came down, almost tripping on the last step. "You have one more step than I do," she huffed while sitting on a barstool. 

"Huh?" Alex asked. 

"I know the number of steps in my staircase and you have one more than I do," she groaned before stealing Daniel's coffee. 

"Why do you know the number of steps in your staircase?" Daniel asked. 

"You don't?" Hayley and I questioned simultaneously. 

"You do?" Alex asked me. 

"I counted them so that I could walk downstairs with my eyes closed. I'm half asleep most of the time anyway," I shrugged. 

"You slide down your railing most of the time, Faith," Alex looked at me in confusion. 

"Yeah, I started doing that after," I shrugged while handing him his coffee. 

The guys looked at each other in confusion before shrugging and changing the subject. 

"Anyway, what were you guys talking about?" Hayley asked. 

"They were talking," I glanced at the guys before rinsing the mug I was drinking tea in. 

"Before I came down here, they were talking," Alex poked my side tauntingly. 

"We were just talking about how we have two years left before college," I said quickly. I dried my hands and turned around to see Daniel talking to Hayley but Alex frozen. "Hello? What happened to you?" I chuckled. 

He pulled me to the couch and sat me down. "Why were you two talking about college? Is something happening?" he questioned. 

"No," I chuckled, "We were just talking," I shrugged. 

"Is this about last night?" he asked. 

"What about last night?" I played dumb. 

"Faith, I was sleepy, not drunk," he sighed. 

"We were just talking about it, Alex. It kinda scared me when you said all that," I admitted. 

"The thought of fighting scared you?" he asked. 

"No," I shook my head. "Not that bit. The college stuff. I know if we fight, we'll figure it out but college is a whole different story. I know we have time but- I don't know, it's just intimidating," I shrugged slightly.